Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 292 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
the ignatz weekly weed report 2009
Posted: 2008-01-04, 8:43 pm

paniked Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Happy New Year everyone! As mentioned, the need for a new thread is long past due; you can find the old one here.

Owing to long lines at the favoured coffeeshops in the days running up to New Year's, I wasn't able to fully stock up as I would have liked, but we were more than satisifed with the selections at hand: Silver Bubble (Grey Area), John Sinclair (Tweede Kamer) and Organic Sour Diesel (private source). The last of the Sour Diesel was enjoyed on the roof terrace as the clock struck midnight and fireworks lit up our street :)

2008 is sure to be an eventful year, particularly as 1 July and the 'horeca' smoking ban nears -- but in the mean time, let's get this thing rollin': smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Week 1
Grey Mist (Hawaiian indica) - Grey Area, €8.50/gr
Silver Bubble (Super Silver Haze x Bubblegum, indica/sativa) - Grey Area, €13.50/gr
G13 x Amnesia (indica/sativa) - Tweede Kamer, €12.50/gr
Blueberry Haze (indica/sativa) - The Noon, €10/gr
Hash Heaven (indica) - Anyday, €9.40/gr
Amnesia Haze (sativa) - Anyday, €12.50/gr

As readers should note, if a strain is appearing consistently week-to-week that should be taken as a good sign, and thus Silver Bubble (Grey Area) makes an appearance again and so does G13 x Amnesia (Tweede Kamer). Silver Bubble is still hitting very heavy and sweet, with big sticky, sticky buds. And the G13 x Amnesia hits just as hard as G13 Haze (Barney's) but it's got a bit more citrus and 'fresh' (like eucalyptus but not) flavours from the Amnesia -- nice big nuggets too and better value than Barney's.

After wishing John at Grey Area a happy new year, I asked him what he had to offer. In addition to the Silver Bubble and a few others, my ears pricked up at the mention of Grey Mist -- I think of all the 'house' Grey strains on the menu this is one that I hadn't previously tried (it's usually out), though of course I know of the legend of the Grey Mist crystals (though not a big kif guy myself necessarily). The buds looked very nice: thick, glistening, dark greyish-green and they have a bit of thick, vaguely musty smell and a bit of a tropically fruity flavour. I got a really nice, super-chilled indica stone from this -- not too deep, but nice a mellow; it almost makes you think of the tropics. A joint burned cleanly and for a very long time -- or was that just time distortion effects? :)

A stop in the Noon to check on the state of the Blueberry Haze resulted in a rather strange encounter which, frankly, sums up my feelings about the Noon. I walk in and ask if the Blueberry Haze is in. "Yes" is the reply. "May I see it please?" I asked. "Oh, you want to see it?" And at this point I switched to Dutch to explain why: "Yeah, because, y'know, the quality is not always the same. Sometimes weaker, sometimes stronger." I had a look and wasn't overly impressed at first. I then asked to see the NYC Diesel as someone here inquired recently -- it looked and smelled rubbish. And he didn't seem terribly pleased that I wanted to see and smell the weed and then reject it. "OK, give me two grams of the haze then," I said. He weighed it out, I popped €20 on the counter and turned to leave. Next thing I know, the guy is screaming at me about money -- already a bit annoyed at the service, I said "look, it's €10 a gram, I gave you €20...". "Yeah," he says, "but here it is only €7.50; this is your change." So he's served me the regular Blueberry, not the Blueberry Haze I asked for -- and I pointed this out to him. He said "well, you wanted to see all these and then you told me you didn't want it." I said, "No, I asked to see the haze, then I asked to see the Diesel, then I said 'give me two of the haze.'" At that point he relented and apologized for his error, took the bag back and gave me what I ordered.

That said, the Blueberry Haze is really killer at the moment -- it didn't quite smell it in the box, but the proof is in the smoking. Sweet, tangy, hazy and a super long-lasting, clear and spacy buzz -- I was completely immersed in what I was doing to the point of losing track of time and space. The way it should be, and excellent value at €10/gr. I should go more often, but the episode above illustrates why I don't. It's a catch-22 really, but then again I've had to deal with a lot shadier people to score a bit of weed in the past, so I'm not complaining, just being critical :)

I hadn't been by Anyday in a couple of weeks at least and I always like the vibes and the 15% discount on 5-gram purchases. I was hoping to see the Grapefruit on the menu, but alas. Both the Amnesia Haze and the Hash Heaven, I hadn't seen before on the Anyday menu so I thought I would try for comparison's sake. As is typical of Anyday, these both have more of an 'outdoor' or 'organic' vibe, look and flavour to them -- not bling blingin' rock-hard hydro nuggets. The Amnesia smokes very nice and carries it's trademark spacy high and fresh hazy flavours, though I would say it's not as polished as the one's I've had from Barney's or Hunter's -- but this is reasonable value as it's a bit cheaper than those guys too, throw in the discount and this a really nice sativa that, in this version, isn't overpowering. The Hash Heaven, a bit like Orcoman's review, I'm not totally sold on. A decent mellow indica buzz and tinge of hashy and fruit flavours. Nice to try but not sure I'd buy again.

Weed(s) of the Week
Blueberry Haze - The Noon
G13 x Amnesia - Tweede Kamer
Grey Mist - Grey Area

-paniked

Last edited by paniked on 2008-01-24, 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Re: the ignatz weekly weed report 2008
Posted: 2008-01-05, 3:33 am

soylent Power Kat
Good start Panicked, I'll be making additions of my own to this thread shortly. I'm going to take a stab at the dark and assume that Grey Area's 'Grey Mist' is where the famous 'Grey Mist Crystals' originate from. I've only ever seen the trichomes for sale, but never the buds.

And speaking of the Horibl ban, have you heard any legit info on how this will affect coffeeshops? Is it also set to affect all hotels, as in every single room in every single hotel in the city? Sounds pretty rough to me.
The ignatz weekly weed report 2008
Posted: 2008-01-05, 7:46 am

smuler Power Kat
Hey Paniked..

Can you update us on what Paniked smoked the night of New Year's Eve ??

Did you finish the "Private Stash " ??

Best Regards

Smuler
Re: The ignatz weekly weed report 2008
Posted: 2008-01-05, 8:08 am

akibono
Finally got to try the Amnesia Haze I brought back from Barneys on my last visit. It is really one of the most amazing weeds I have tried. I find it much better than the g13 Haze. First, it was a very clear high that hit almost immediately and was very even and long lasting (unlike some weeds that peak quickly and then fades away). The introspective moods swings with different forms of music is amazing. But what was really really special is the insight and creativity I experienced from the high. The torrent of new ideas and insight was really amazing. Plus, the after effects of the weed was very mild the next day--no jitters.

Thanks for the tip about this week Paniked. The guy at Barneys had very positive things to say about this weed. Wish I had bought more. Do you know how Barneys' version compares to that found in other coffeeshops? What is a good place to find Amnesia seeds?
Re: The ignatz weekly weed report 2008
Posted: 2008-01-06, 8:00 pm

OrcomanSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I tried Amnesia Haze, from the Amnesia CS, and the really same Hash Heaven from AnyDay.

I'd say the first one is a real gunshot, with a fruity smell an a very good flavour. The second is still great, but I'd need some other test to judge it because I don't remember. But soon I should...;)

BTW Amnesia has some serious strains in its menu, as the above named AH, the G13 Haze (very, very impressive in my opinion), the Laughing Buddah and the great Honey B, with a very specific flavour.

I also tried the Silver Bubble from the Grey Area, but as for the Hash Heaven I need to read my notes and maybe to sample something more...

Cheers.

O.

Posted: 2008-01-09, 11:58 pm

paniked Power Kat
updated above.

-paniked

Posted: 2008-01-10, 12:45 am

tigertiger
I can totally relate to your feelings about Noon - tends towards the surley at times, with a bit of an in-crowd vibe.

However, Blueberry Haze has been a long-term favorite for me, so I sometimes hang around in there for a smoke.

In time, the guys turn out to be quite nice blokes - just have this habit of sometimes being a bit 'funny' about their goods. Maybe it's a pride thing, I dunno!

I tend not to ask for a look when it comes to Blueberry Haze, I just take a gram - it seems to fluctuate so regularly in terms of strength, you just gotta check.

I'm still convinced it's the best 10 euro bag in town!

tt
Posted: 2008-01-10, 2:42 pm

OrcomanSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Just a thought about G13 Haze from Amesia (the same as Barney's, thank you for the info, Paniked): you can seriously notice the hand of the US government in this weed......:)

Damn, a very potent taste and hit (smoked almost pure in bong), plus a trippy effect. And great, "high" (acute) smell.

Hash Heaven from Anyday is, IMHO, another thing, and should be a little be downpriced (you can't sell it at the same price than Stella Blue). However mine is very well cured with fat buds and lots of orange hairs (only Sneek has more), surely not a "must" but a nice smoke after all.

I regret I didn't tried Blueberry Haze, but, did anyone of you tried Bubblegum Haze from Mellow Yellow?

What a great forum is this.......... :)

O.

Posted: 2008-01-13, 1:24 am

amsterman Power Kat
After a search didn't return the info i was after....i thought i'd ask here (hope it's ok!!).

Regarding weed....how strong is a space cake?? I know the strength probably varies from place to place but is it generally one cake is equivalent to one joint or stronger/weaker!! And do they use hash or weed??

I don't smoke at all, but i do like a nice cake with a space tea and have often wondered these things!!! lol

Hope it's not seen as a dumb question!!

I am just addicted to beautiful women ;-)....

And like to have lots of sex with them :-)
Posted: 2008-01-13, 2:22 am

paniked Power Kat
no idea, I don't eat space cakes sold in coffeeshops. some claim to use 1 gram per cake, but I doubt it.

I've only eaten the ones I made myself, and they were pretty strong:
http://www.ignatzmice.com/WWWBoard/PHPB ... space+cake

other threads:

-paniked

Posted: 2008-01-13, 2:36 am

amsterman Power Kat

I am just addicted to beautiful women ;-)....

And like to have lots of sex with them :-)
Week 2 2008
Posted: 2008-01-14, 11:44 am

paniked Power Kat
Week 2
Blueberry Haze (sativa/indica) - The Noon, €10/gr
SoMaui (mostly sativa) - Hunter's/The Coin, €11.50/gr
Mango Madness (aka Somango) - Hunter's / The Coin, €13.50/gr
Blue Kush (mostly indica) - De Kuil (420 Cafe), €12/gr
LA Confidential (indica) - Betty Boop, €15/gr

Back to the Noon for some more more of the outstanding Blueberry Haze -- this stuff is so sticky that your fingers are so resin-coated it's hard to roll a joint without them sticking and tearing the paper! the answer: scissors and a grinder ;)

A new Soma selection is always interesting -- I presume SoMaui is of Hawaiian lineage, given the name and being a bit of stringy, weedy looking sativa. It's got a really clear lucid high that's a bit dreamy but coherent (versus, say, Amnesia Haze which is more discombobulating). I must admit that I had a bit of a burnout feeling coming down from a first joint of the day off this, but that might have just been cumulative effects at the time :)

The Mango Madness (aka Somango) has been reviewed before (see 2006-2007) and it's back and the buds are big, ripe, glistening specimens. It's fruity, but I don't taste mango per se. It's not overwhelming but the high can be a bit trippy and stony.

I stopped by De Kuil for the first time in a very long time to check on the Blue Kush as mentioned by ThePacifist. Not really sure about this, it's got a hint of that "blue" Cheese/Chocolope smell and taste, coupled with that sort of oily, spicy, citrusy Kush taste. Interesting and pleasant, strong high and warm stoniness.

the LA Confidential (DNA Genetics) from Grey Area during Cannabis Cup was truly something unique and special, a real "hash plant". I was glad to hear from abc123 that it was on offer at Betty Boop so I was keen to check it out. In through the James Bond doors and I asked for the menu. the LA was small tight tops, a little bit lighter green than the GA version, and by reckoning this isn't quite as potent -- but if the GA version was a 10, this is a 9. A really stony "hash plant" that sends you off into dreamy fantasyland for a good long while, hard to finish a joint the way I normally might.

Weed(s) of the Week
Blueberry Haze - The Noon
LA Confidential - Betty Boop

-paniked

Last edited by paniked on 2008-01-18, 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Week 2 2008
Posted: 2008-01-15, 12:54 am

Clockwork
fifteen euro a g, it would need to be worth it man.
Posted: 2008-01-16, 9:29 pm

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I'm just back from 4 days in A'dam. The weed situation was the best it's been in a while. For the first time in a long time, I liked everything that I bought. I leave it up to Paniked to fill in details but briefly:

BLUE BERRY HAZE from Noon was wonderful, as good as I've seen this strain. The smell just flew out the box when the guy behind the counter opened it. It was so sticky it was almost impossible to roll a joint.

LA CONFIDENTIAL from Betty Boop. Betty's menu has gotten a lot more interesting over the last year or so. I kept buying more of this. Those of you who are familiar with the Wonderbar know that the distance from the bar to the back bar is very small. I sat at the bar and smoked a joint of this by myself. I must have spent an hour just staring at all of the liquor bottles lined up on the back bar. I felt like I was in a trance. I really enjoyed this stuff.

GREY MIST from Grey Area. Pretty overwhelming. By the end of the trip I was only smoking this aqnd the LA Confidential.

While I think those three were the top of my list, I also enjoyed the So Maui and Amnesia Haze from The Coin (thanks, Simon, for the suggestion) and the G-13 from Amnesia. You won't go wrong with any of these.

I enjoyed seeing Paniked again and look forward to returning in March.
Posted: 2008-01-18, 12:04 am

paniked Power Kat
updated above.

-paniked

Posted: 2008-01-18, 11:51 am

Thepacifist
glad you liked the kush =]

Shame i couldn't try any L.A confidential when i was there. One day..

Posted: 2008-01-24, 12:25 pm

paniked Power Kat
Week 3
Sour Diesel - Grey Area, €13.50/gr
Grey Mist (Hawaiian indica) - Grey Area, €8.50/gr

Week 4
Chocolope - Grey Area, €13.50/gr
G13 x Amnesia - Dampkring, €12.50/gr
Blueberry Haze - The Noon, €10/gr

sorry, no additional notes these weeks due to extenuating circumstance

Weed(s) of the Week
G13 x Amnesia - Dampkring

-paniked

Last edited by paniked on 2008-02-27, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posted: 2008-01-27, 9:22 pm

Harvey WallenbangerSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I just wanted to add to the earlier discussion in this thread on “space cake”, otherwise known as orally ingested marijuana. I too occasionally enjoy the "trip" of ingested cannabis, and those who know me personally understand that I have great respect for anything made with the good herb.

Here are a few basic links for some of the newer board members that begin to help explain why cannabis affects us differently if it is eaten, smoked, or vaporized…..

Eaten:

http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/cannabis/effects.htm

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/2298.html

Smoked:

http://health.howstuffworks.com/marijuana.htm/printable

Vaporized:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporizer

http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizers.html

And some good general reference sites to add to a (hopefully) ever-growing list…..

http://www.erowid.org/

http://www.drugs-plaza.com/marijuana/how_to_roll_a_joint.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_(drug)

Everyone feel free to add to this list as newer and better sites become available.

HW
Week 5
Posted: 2008-01-31, 1:43 am

paniked Power Kat
Week 5
G13 x Amnesia - Dampkring, €12.50/gr
Grey Haze - Grey Area, €12.50/gr
Lemon Skunk - Grey Area, €11.50/gr

sorry, just selections this week as I will be out of town unexpectedly...

-paniked

Posted: 2008-02-11, 2:46 pm

paniked Power Kat
apologies again, no selections for week 6 as I was away. I will try and summarize some of the highlights from the previous week as time allows (have some other significant obligations in the coming weeks before things settle down to a new 'normal'). G13 x Amnesia from Dampkring/Tweede Kamer was definitely one of the nicest things going in the previous weeks -- great high, great flavour, a top strain for sure.

Week 7
Somaui - Hunter's/The Coin
Big Buddha's Blue Cheese - Grey Area
Silver Bubble - Grey Area
Chocolope - Grey Area

Weed of the Week
Silver Bubble - Grey Area

-paniked

Last edited by paniked on 2008-02-18, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 [ 292 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Jump to: