Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 10 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Sint-Truiden BE - Roadside Windows
Posted: 2014-09-13, 7:45 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Here is an unusual opportunity. Along the N3 from Sint-Truiden towards Liege, there are small buildings with window girls and mini-brothels. They are spread out over several miles, but I've indicated them on the map linked below with a single pin. However, the info bubble has 16 (!) street views of different buildings.

Has anyone experienced any of these?

Posted: 2014-09-13, 9:01 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Actually there were some duplicates I've now eliminated. View #10 is a good place to start! Zoom in!

Posted: 2014-09-13, 10:43 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I've now also added a pin for the Roadside Windows and mini-brothels outside of Deinze. I have street views for those linked as well.

Posted: 2014-09-16, 2:19 am

splodge Power Kat
This is amazing stuff. To think there is window prostitution and mini brothels along the highway. Great info.

Posted: 2014-09-16, 2:18 pm

Mister Mingeater
I had forgotten about this, a mate of mine was driving trucks in Europe not many years back and told me about these, a truckers delight of course.
Think there is a similar carry on in some parts of Spain too.
Belgium keeps quiet about a lot of things and have many of the things the Netherlands have.
Thanks for the memory jogger - might consider a road trip at some point.
Cheers,
Mr M

Posted: 2014-09-17, 10:48 am

G.laGaffe Power Kat
Interestingly, these are not official windows, but bars, clubs or privé’s. That the girls are visible through the windows (officially not allowed) is a Belgicisme.

These places fit between RLD and club, both in service level and pricing. Services may start at EUR 50 (lower like EUR 30 I never heared of) but EUR 70 or 80 is more likely, even up to EUR 100. Expect very very basic service for this, and a lot of upselling. Still, there can be good experiences to be had (as well as pretty bad ones). Both Dutch and Belgian fora have reports available.

Considering the extremely low number of working women in comparison to the Bruxelles and Antwerp RLD’s, the relatively higher pricing, and the need for a car to go there, I think the places are not of any interest for foreign, er, ‘tourists’. If, however, you have a car and time, you may like the drive to see the phenomenon.

There is at least one more district: between the southern Antwerp suburb of Kontich and Waarloos on the N1, the ‘old’ road between Antwerp and Mechelen (Malines). I will try to guide Neuro to it:

Go in Google maps to Belgium, and zoom thus that you have Brussels visible in the bottom (south) and Antwerp in the top (north). You now see the town of Mechelen in between. To the north, just below Antwerp is Kontich.

Zoom in, having Mechelen in the bottom (south) and Kontich at the top (north). Just right of the orange A1 / E19 motorway is the old main road, the N1. Between Mechelen and Kontich you see the village of Waarloos (village center just east, off the N1). Maybe you need to zoom one more level in now.

Just north of Waarloos on the N1 proper is the ‘Copacabana Partylounge’. Put your ‘Yellow Man’ on the N1 in front of there and look around. The Copacabana is a funky yellow building, showcasing the total lack of taste that Belgians show when building along national roads. We are famous for this, actually (lessons in social geography and architecture internationally mention our ‘lintbebouwing’ (‘corridor building’)). Had LadyBird Johnson seen our National Roads, she would have a fit and…

Ah, I am digressing. Sorry.

Turn now to the north (direction Kontich) and move Yellow Man along . Look to the right (thus east, Copacabana side) as you move. In 3 or 4 clicks, in a small block just after a garden center, you see a conspicuous white building labelled ‘Aphrodite’. No. it’s not a Greek resto, it’s what you think (and are after). In the next row of buildings more, easily recogniseable by the, er , individual architecture, cheerful colours and the interesting names: ‘Flamingo’, ‘Santana’ etc. Personally, I think the pink ‘Dandy’ is a gem in it’s class. In the next block some more. The first building, hand-painted ‘Valentyn’ (also a good one in the ‘King of the Sleaze’ –category) above the door, even has a working girl clearly visible at the window left of the door. Nice. And interesting that Google Police did not blur this out. ‘La Luna’ at the corner is the last one IMHO.

Hope this was clear enough.

my 2 centimes,

Gaston.
Re: Sint-Truiden BE - Roadside Windows
Posted: 2014-09-17, 11:05 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Hey Gaston thanks for the terrific info! It may take a couple days but I'll definitely add all of this as best I can to the map.

cheers,

neurosynth

Posted: 2014-09-18, 2:24 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Still editing this a bit, but I've marked what you found. I've labeled it as being Antwerpen even though it's a bit out of town. This way people looking up Antwerpen on the list on the left will be sure to see it.

I also looked a bit to the south via street view and found this:

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.100861, ... !2e0?hl=en

*Very* obscure! Hobby-huren?

I also found this. I thought it was similar to a NRW (Germany) sauna club, but from the website it looks like it's actually a legitimate (i.e. non-sexual) place.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.0975823 ... !2e0?hl=en

Posted: 2014-09-18, 8:46 pm

G.laGaffe Power Kat
Ah, that's a trifle south of the Copacabana!

I would deem that the same district, really. Us Belgians are not that good in zoning... Neither obscure (what is that in this industry anyway ;-) nor hobbyists. I'm truly surprised Google shows so much.

Your sauna building is an odd one. Who the hell rents a sauna for a couple of hours ? Methinks it is a 'Love Hotel' (used them myself in Tokyo once) that is a variation on rooms for rent by the hour. Handy for taking your, er, secretary and have some privacy for taking notes.

my 2 centimes,

Gaston.
Re: Sint-Truiden BE - Roadside Windows
Posted: 2014-09-18, 9:49 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Obviously I trust your social interpretation skills in Belgium over my own. On the window a bit to the south I now notice that the other window also has a figure in it, plus above the windows it looks like there may be red light fixtures. What made me think it was obscure was the lack of decoration or signage on the building itself, but now I think at night they are probably lit up in red like RLD windows.

[ 10 posts ] 

Jump to: