Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 178 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Sexyland area kamers closing?
Posted: 2012-01-07, 11:30 am

billybob69Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I spoke to Elodie last night and she said that there is due to be some kamers closing around the Sexyland area.

She was very vague on details, only that it was due to happen either March or May and that a number of windows were closing ‘around here’ i.e. Sint Annendwarsstraat and they were going to be offered kamers on Oudezijds Achterburgwal.

Anyone got any other details?

bb69

Posted: 2012-01-07, 12:11 pm

potlover
It's not a secret that the so called 1012 plan (or was that project?) Would have led to this in 2012...
Sorry don't know much about it, as my biggest concern has aleays been weed/coffee shop related, but when i read about it that plan sounded quite dramatic for de wallen.

Re: Sexyland area kamers closing?
Posted: 2012-01-07, 12:59 pm

slick
Last news I heard was about 2 months ago, so it might be old news for some:

One of the owners swapped 3 of his buildings in the Sexyland area for houses on OZA that were bought up by City Council a couple of years ago (the fashion model windows).

One is on the corner of St. Annendwarsstraat & Trompettersteeg. The windows that will be closed are:
St. Annendwarsstr. 3-1 & 3-2 and around the corner Tromp 3-3, 3-4 & 3-5

The other two are with the front on Dolle and the back on Tromp. The windows affected here are:
-Dolle 3-1, 3-2 & 3-3 and Tromp 3-4 & 3-5 (from the canalside)
-Dolle 7-1, 7-2 & 7-3 and Tromp 7-4 & 7-5

It's supposed to take place in May, new windows will open in the OZA area to take their place but from what I've heard from some of the girls they're not too happy about working there. Some talk about quitting, so it remains to be seen if they'll all make the switch to OZA.
Posted: 2012-01-07, 1:32 pm

ams2008damPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
sad to see this area go
Posted: 2012-01-07, 2:18 pm

Dammed4GoodSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Heard more or less the same thing from German Kim a month or so ago including the part about new OZA kamers. I tend to believe this is true. Add Kim to the list of girls unhappy about the rumoured changes.
Posted: 2012-01-07, 2:40 pm

elgonzoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Thats bad news for Eloide and Cookie , and given German Kims location it would kind of isolate here.
I hope the 3 girls stay in the dam and they dont quit , hopefully there will be updates on any changes.

Posted: 2012-01-07, 3:10 pm

slick
There are 2 buildings on Dolle with nr. 7, it's the one closest to the canal that will be closed.

The other one, on the corner with St. Annenstr. (where the nr. 7 comes from) remains open.

So Cookie is off the hook, for now anyway....
Posted: 2012-01-07, 3:37 pm

Carice Liefde Power Kat
Hi,

Where could be located the other rooms in OZA ? Would it have something to do with the rooms that were been closed in one of the tiniest street a few years ago ?

Plus, this window shut down of some windows could cause jealousy, I mean why these windows and not the other ones, specially in the very narrow street like the Trompettersteeg's one ? What is the reason to close some, sometimes next one to another and not the complete line ?

21- 1 big kamer was occupied by two superstars, that would certainly be a huge turn off to see that light never coming out ever again if it does happen...
Posted: 2012-01-07, 6:03 pm

retro Power Kat
Elodie mention it to me about two months ago too ,the windows around sexyland going around may time and that she'd be moving on to the canal.
Posted: 2012-01-08, 4:24 am

Tineke
Hay guys, all the windows from the office 52 will be closing around may. That's a total of 14/15 windows in the sint anna area!? Also will this office change the minimum working age up to 23. So all the girls working under 23 years old will loose there room there. Also will the area with the latino woman be closing. Many things will be changing over here, and we working girls are really not happy about that.
Posted: 2012-01-08, 8:36 pm

sun-n-fun Moderator
Tineke wrote:
. Many things will be changing over here, and we working girls are really not happy about that.

We (the guys) are not happy about it either. Is there anything you girls or we guys or 'us' can do about it?

Maybe occupyDeWallen?
Posted: 2012-01-08, 9:35 pm

Tineke
No there is nothing we can do about it. The plans for 2012 are already in start. The office 52 already changed there windows against windows on the canal and may/ june the windows on sint anna area will be closing forever. After thr rest of this area will be next! This whole area will be closed. But people already tried to fight it but nothing helped. So enjoy your time in the aint anna area as long it is there and the girls because i think many girls will stop working. Xxx
Posted: 2012-01-09, 1:42 am

brad 07 Power Kat
Damn it!

I have been visiting Amsterdam for 14 years but little by little it is getting
to the point where it just not worth the time, effort and cash to return.

I would truely hate to know how much money I have spent in the city over that time.
It appears they the city of Amsterdam would rather I spend my money elsewhere.

Posted: 2012-01-09, 1:19 pm

elgonzoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I hope slick doesn't mind but i copied your post and put it on trip advisor to see what comments it gets .

Posted: 2012-01-09, 1:49 pm

potlover
The strangest part is that many girls consider the canal as the most dangerous place to work at...

Guess i had better follow Tineke's advice and book a trip, if owners got a room for every one they gave to the municipality i don't see how this can't happen, as the request for kamers for sure won't decrease and for them doesn't matter if money come from OZA or Dolleb...

Only good side is that the Bulldog will lose a lot of money :-P

elgonzo wrote:
I hope slick doesn't mind but i copied your post and put it on trip advisor to see what comments it gets .

I think you could add a link to this topic (if Bluto agrees), would be better to promote this site instead of another one imho...

Posted: 2012-01-09, 10:33 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
brad 07 wrote:
I have been visiting Amsterdam for 14 years but little by little it is getting
to the point where it just not worth the time, effort and cash to return.

I couldn't agree more. And I only wish I'd been visiting the city for so long, having only started making trips in 2008! Would have been nice to be around before they switched to the euro!! While I had some of the best times of my life, I clearly missed the glory days. Now, as the authorities continue to chip away at the things that motivated my initial trips to Amsterdam--I'm not really talking about tulips, windmills and FEBO, I'm afraid--it becomes much harder for me to continue justifying travel there. Not that it won't continue to be a great city to visit in many respects, and I'll always enjoy making a quick stopover (en route to FRA or some other mongering destination) to catch up with friends, enjoy a beer along the canal etc, but it will never be the same for me. 15 windows is a huge loss for the Sexyland area and we know that this is only the beginning. I'm pretty much done after this all goes through. Hopefully there will at least be some decent girls left on Ruysdaelkade for my future, increasingly infrequent trips (at least, I'm not aware of any plans to close down that area). I'm not taking my chances on OZA, that's for damn sure.

brad 07 wrote:
It appears they the city of Amsterdam would rather I spend my money elsewhere.

Exactly. As they seek to "gentrify," they lose a bit of their distinction and become more and more like so many other European cities, many of them great destinations in their own right that I've never had the pleasure to visit. Perhaps I'll find the time now. I'm not sure how the authorities think they'll make up the loss in tourism. And if they're not worried about it, I think they're ignoring the elephant in the room. Actually, all the misinformation about coffeeshops, weed passes and such being propagated by the foreign press already seems to be taking its toll. One of the budtenders I spoke to in Amsterdam last month told me that 2011 was the worst year she could recall and attributes it pretty much entirely to this.

Even when a new government does come in at some point, I think it's very unlikely any of this will ever be reversed. Politicians don't tend to try to repeal measures like this, regardless of their beliefs. No one wants to be the guy who added brothels, coffeeshops or reduced the legal prostitution age (i.e. from 21 to 18... I think it's still 18 now but they're looking to increase it and some places, Utrecht's Zandpad for example, have already implemented this voluntarily), so once this stuff goes through, it's there to stay. So the decline continues. :-(

potlover wrote:
elgonzo wrote:

I think you could add a link to this topic (if Bluto agrees), would be better to promote this site instead of another one imho...

Well, yeah, if you put me on the spot I guess I'd have to agree with that viewpoint. :-) On the web, as a general rule, it's frowned upon to lift content from one site and copy it elsewhere without attribution or permission. Realistically though, I just don't have the cycles on this earth to get upset about this today... lol. So whatever. A link back would be nice, assuming that doesn't contravene tripadvisor's rules (I wouldn't like links to ignatz to be perceived as spam, after all). I guess we'll need all the help we can get as Project 1012 proceeds... not sure how many people will be looking for us in the first place!

Posted: 2012-01-10, 1:10 am

Eric from Paris 2
Tineke wrote:
No there is nothing we can do about it. The plans for 2012 are already in start. The office 52 already changed there windows against windows on the canal and may/ june the windows on sint anna area will be closing forever. After thr rest of this area will be next! This whole area will be closed. But people already tried to fight it but nothing helped. So enjoy your time in the aint anna area as long it is there and the girls because i think many girls will stop working. Xxx

I have meet in Sexyland area most of the best girls I have meet

The first time I meet Sabrina was in Sexyland area, she comes later in OZA

potlover wrote:
Guess i had better follow Tineke's advice and book a trip, if owners got a room for every one they gave to the municipality i don't see how this can't happen, as the request for kamers for sure won't decrease

When I go in RLD, there is 5 kind of kamers :

- closed
- empty
- with a girl busy
- with a girl available I like
- with a girl available I dislike

there is few kamers with a girl available I like, if this kamers disappear, it's a big problem, but if closed or empty kamer disapear, it is not, I'am always disappointed when I find some closed or empty kamer, and it is not impossible that the request for kamer is decreasing

I'am afraid that number of girls from Nederland is decreasing, I like very much girls from Nederland, but there is another problem, a different problem : if the number of kamer is decreasing and if there is less kamer than girls, price of a kamer for the girls will be more expensive

sorry for my bad english language, I'am not english, but I hope you understand me, and can translate in good language
Posted: 2012-01-10, 1:47 am

Dam_Obsessed
This is fuckin' shit.
Posted: 2012-01-10, 2:08 am

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
this beggars belief imho !
this WILL affect the Amsterdam tourist trade in a big way, sadly the Amsterdam council fail to see this, Amsterdam is known all over the world for the RLD !!
the simple answer, to me anyway, would be [if they must] close all the windows on OZA and leave the sexyland area to the working girls and guys, ie one area, similar to Brussels. leave Stoof & Kenn, there you have it, one area !!
after 40yrs of visiting Ams, if the RLD gets any smaller, and the girls vacate, then i certainly wont be going back, and Frankfurt will takes its place for my wallet !!

regards

Posted: 2012-01-10, 1:06 pm

jgramos Moderator
This is sad news indeed, but not particularly new news.

Kim told me some time ago that her old kamer would be closing down in May 2012, hence after we talked about the closures she moved to Sint Annenstraat 21, though she did tell other people her reason for moving was the bigger room/bed. Elodie only found out more recently. Other girls claim to know nothing at all about closures.

The closures that Slick has posted are pretty much as I remember them.

As Greenhoff said, they really haven't thought about the effect on tourism, etc..... but from what I've been told, the current regime don't give a shit about tourism - they have their plans and want to implement them, whatever the outcome! :-(

Peace

[ 178 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Jump to: