Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 19 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
My final farewell to all mongers.
Posted: 2013-12-24, 10:45 am

fallen_buddha
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I havent been around for years, some may remember my colorful exploits of being a big fat bastard monster party animal doing the things I used to do in mokum like stomping down the tromp and emitting massive clouds of acrid cannabis smoke and vapor into many coffeeshops. But the truth is that I have been diagnosed with terminal colo-rectal cancer and have been told I will not see the next 4/20. As the final full year of my life closes I am left with memories of past new years in Amsterdam.

The big meeting 10 years ago in alkmaar was such an awesome time, an experience that I will never forget, nor would I ever trade. All of us running amok in the achtergract getting our rocks off. I often wonder what happended to my sweet Carla it seems as though she has been scoured from the archives of this site. To the mice of the Alkmaar meeting it was great to meet you all, especially trip, james, withnail, wim, chairman, fred and of course pepto. Did I miss anyone?

To those of you I never met but were fans or so it seemed, maybe I was just stoking my ego thinking I had fans. Live love and puff. Over grow the man and youll always be happy. But I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy new year. I wish I would have been able to make it for the year James (lanrac) got the room at the Kras overlooking Dam square. But I fucked up and got busted and couldnt make it.

Well this is where I run out of things to say and just wish you all a succesful life and a happy holidays. If anyone goes to dam next new years puff in memory of me and shout my name on a stomp down the tromp.

peace -fb

p.s. dont worry I will go out on my own terms.

Posted: 2013-12-24, 2:17 pm

smuler Power Kat
This is worth me posting today

FB- I am sorry to hear about your situation, and I will gladly carry on in your memory

Your name brings back vivid memories of my first days on Ignatz many years ago..

I am leaving for Amsterdam tomorrow , to meet with Dogs Afire and Harvey Wallenbanger and little Wimmy

I will pass your message onto Paniked/ Withnail

I spoke with lanrac/420 two days ago, and will pass your note on

I know that Fred cuts through here as well

I talked with Pepto yesterday..I know he is in country as well..will tell him what's up...

We will all spark one up for you, as I vividly recall stories of you from days gone past....

It will be a Rifman hash from Twede..

Just like you wanted it to be

Best Regards to you

Smuler

Posted: 2013-12-24, 5:49 pm

withnail Power Kat
mr fb

it's been a while, has it not. good to hear from you, though it goes without saying that i would rather circumstances were different. i shall spare you the platitudes but i shall be thinking of you over this christmas period, my friend. and you've always had a lot of friends around this board, in my recollection. 'fans' could be a bit strong ;-)

i do believe it was way back in 2002 that we all 'ran amok' in alkmaar. or was it 2003? who's to know. we enjoyed a meal and drinks at de notaris, in the town square, then satisfied our various other desires for the rest of the evening around the nether regions of the achterdam. Halcyon days, indeed. i suspect we may have also enjoyed drinks at the mouse bar, somewhat ironically. i recall that being the favoured spot of our friend mr.lanrac. i have actually darkened their door once or twice in the intervening years and am happy to confirm that nothing has changed there whatsoever. even the patrons are in the same chairs, just with fresh beers.

i am also happy to report that i'm still here, living in and enjoying amsterdam as much as i ever did. for me its been a 23 year association now and the love is still very much in full blossom. it's been a wonderful ride thus far and hopefully long may it continue.

i shall raise a glass to you in the warmoesstraat this evening. for now, i raise this cheese joint aloft in your honour, sir.

withnail
Re: My final farewell to all mongers.
Posted: 2013-12-24, 7:03 pm

Wim Admin
yes , that is 10 years ago there the Grand Ignatz meeting at De Notaris in Alkmaar.

yes I get the picture we made, in my brain and in my laptop ..

We will remember you FB , with a smile on the face ..

Wim
Posted: 2013-12-24, 7:29 pm

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Several years ago, I had a particularly rewarding session with Carla.
I was lying on the bed, naked, sweating and exhausted.
She was standing over me, surveying the wreckage, and says,
"You boys from the website, you sure have some wild ideas.
That reminds me, I should call Fallen Budda!"
Even though I never had the pleasure of meeting,
I am indeed a fan.

Weasel

Posted: 2013-12-25, 9:27 am

420 Power Kat
FB-

I had to close my eyes and turn of the tv to properly visualize the events you mentioned. I believe the year we met in Alkmaar was 2004 and had been arranged by a few of us in advance. It was the same year I first met Wim, Pepto, Fred, Withnail, and a few others. I actually arrived in Alkmaar a day prior to the event to arrange the table at the Notaris, The Mouse, and with Nikola, Minny and Micky Mouse.. Wim was in charge of inspections, Fred was the match maker, Pepto knew all the big kissers, Withnail, Ben and You were in charge of the smoking selections.

Fast forward to the following spring when we hooked up for St. Patricks Day with Ben.. That was one of your most notorious Stomps down the Tromp. People parted in your wake and all the girls loved you. You may also recall that you had finished a Shroom Shake and almost threw a guy into the canal. We held you back so you could stay the course and finish what you came for,,,,Carla:)

You may also recall that we met up again the next NYE and partied the night away watching crazy fireworks on the streets, canals, bridges, and finally at the Dam. It was that evening that I proclaimed I would not be on the streets again for NYE and the next day made a reservation at the Kras for the following NYE party. That was a great time as well with trips back and forth to Planet Happy Garden with The Admiral, Wim and the rear Admiral...too damn funny watching guys on XTC roaming around a Sauna Club for the first time and then banging around the small German Motel rooms all night,,,not in Germany boys

Your incredible stories of the farmers in the USA, your descriptions of how you brought riffman back to the USA, and your occasional cooking guides for edibles are all flowing back into my frontal lobe.

I see Charimen on occasion in Salt Lake City,,he his married with kids (not to Nikola)

Some of my best friends are people that I have met at various hook-ups between Alkmaar, Amsterdam, Planet Happy Garden, Golden Time, Frankfurt, Cologne, Venlo, Giessen, World Fkk, Palace Fkk, Oase, Costa Rica, Bangkok, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Mexico, San Francisco, Budapest, Prague, Madrid and various clubs in the Netherlands. Sharing taxis, hopping trains, crossing borders, tripping our brains out in the Mokum.

My blazing memory of you is when I whited out while smoking Moonshine in a Glass Bong with you at the Dampkring. Fell directly off my stool onto my head,,,you bending over me with a glass of sugar water trying to bring life back to my head.

I am sad to hear about your plight and wish you all the best of memories,,Carla, clouds of smoke, Westmalle Doubles,,,and chocomil.
!
Cheers

James
Lanrac

Posted: 2013-12-25, 2:26 pm

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Very sorry to hear your sad news.

I never had the pleasure of meeting you, but,,,,, heard many a story of you [all good] lol !!

Regards

Posted: 2013-12-25, 4:41 pm

fredSupporting Member
Supporting Member
That was a decade ago. It doesn't feel that long. Minnie Mouse Anna is still around.

Hope you are well.

Regards,
Fred
Posted: 2013-12-25, 9:25 pm

funfor2houston
Budda

We have never had the honor of meeting you , We have been coming to Amsterdam for 15 years and always enjoyed the people we have met . We will have a toast to you this spring and shout your name for the whole world to hear.
Good luck Bro!
Posted: 2013-12-30, 4:34 am

peptoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Buddha- I am so very sorry to hear of your illness, peace be with you brother. I remember that famous meeting well and I too have the photos from Notaris on my laptop. You are/ were one hell of a party animal. I guess sooner or later we'll all see each other on the other side.
pepto

Posted: 2013-12-30, 6:51 pm

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Dear FB,
I haven't posted on this board for years and I rarely check back to monitor things. I did see your post and was sorry to hear your news. I too will be lifting a glass in your honor this evening. I have fond memories of the night when, along with Titus Wong, I met you in a bar in Chicago . Drank a bit and then we went out in a car where you broke out some new weed. Got fucked up enough to get lost in a neighborhood that I know like the back of my hand. I can't remember if that was the same night or a different night when you, me and Titus took refuge from the rain in a construction site just off of Clark St. in the Andersonville neighborhood and smoked a fatty as police cars rolled by.
My wife( with whom you once had a grammar dispute) and I are still in Amsterdam frequently. She sends her best and we both hope that you're able to enjoy your remaining time here before moving on. I read a Buddhist writer who said that life is like a wave. In the middle of the sea the water is flat, then when the conditions are right the wave forms, then it crashes onto the beach and disappears but whatever form it's in it's always water and always will be water.

Regards,
abc123
Posted: 2014-01-01, 1:50 am

Roland Power Kat
As 2013 closes FB, I wish you well.

I sincerely hope that your remaining time is without pain and that you can look back with much satisfaction and memories of a life well lived.

I loved reading your stories about your exploits....humorous and mesmerizing they were. I was often jealous.

While I have met numerous folks from the board you and I never did. My loss.

Best wishes your way,

Regards, Roland.

Posted: 2014-01-03, 3:08 pm

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
FB -

So sorry to hear the news.

Yes, you had fans. I was one. In my early days on this board your trip reports provided me much amusement and guidance. I wish I had gotten to meet you and to be on that Alkmaar trip. The stories from that one were classic.

We (Smuler, Harvey Wallenbanger, Wim and I) toasted to you several times during our stay in Amsterdam last week. You will not be forgotten. You will be missed.

the dogs
Posted: 2014-02-10, 5:17 am

Mr.Plug
Peace be with you, fallen buddah. Although I never met you, I was around at the time (2002-2004) and read many of your famous postings.

Like other people in this thread, I'm not here much anymore (life changes), but only check in once in awhile.

Thanks to everyone who has responded in this post and rekindled past good times, including those I have met (James, Wim, Withnail, Panicked, Pepto, etc. - hope you are all doing well!), as well as those I have not.

And thanks to you fb for having the courage to share your situation with us. I'm sure your life has been enriched by your travels to Amsterdam.

Mr. Plug
Posted: 2014-02-11, 12:50 pm

rogermwell
I looked at the site today for the first time in many years and one of the questions I had was "and what happened to Fallen Buddha after his unlucky break with LE?". So yes you had fans you never met, who enjoyed reading about your adventures: a middle american Don Quixote following his pleasure instinct into adventures, an everyman hero. Keep well, and may the doctors be wrong, and stranger futures than you imagined be yours.
Posted: 2014-03-16, 4:06 pm

BroodjeBoy
Its been quite some time since I've visited this site as well.

Thank you for sharing your adventures in the place we love so. They were infinitely entertaining.

I'm sorry to hear of your situation and wish you safe travels on your next journey. Maybe a trip report? ; )

Seriously, it sounds like you lived and loved life and that's what it's all about, my man.

Peace and love be with you and see you around...

BB
Posted: 2014-03-17, 1:06 am

poodooms123Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I do not know you, but looked up your 'post's'
what a great fellow!

Have a good journey to a better place my friend.
Posted: 2014-03-18, 6:42 am

officematt2002
All the best to you, fallen_buddha. It takes guts to make such a final statement, but just by reading that, I know you did well while among the quick. Blessed with women and smoke may your new travels be.
Posted: 2015-01-21, 10:03 am

TheAdmiralSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Hope you're in a good place FB.

Your fan,
TA
 [ 19 posts ] 

Jump to: