Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Raining today
Posted: 2014-02-08, 11:40 am

whatevr018
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Even in the rain, Amsterdam is the best. Stop at various coffeeshops to smoke while taking strolls through the RLD with the umbrella up. I do have to say that on Thurs there were very few women out and I thought maybe things were slowing down. Im happy to report that things were back to normal yesterday. It is strange to walk down Tromp and be able to see through. I fear the changes in the future. Off to start the day.
Re: Raining today
Posted: 2014-02-08, 2:23 pm

lilji
There is something quite nice about the canals and the rain and how the experience can be altered a bit. Even better, the streets will be less busy and makes De Wallen seem much more spacious.
Posted: 2014-02-09, 8:19 pm

Weedheeds
Looking forward to our visit raining or not sure it will be a fun filled trip
Posted: 2014-02-10, 2:09 pm

Carice Liefde Power Kat
Hi,

I HATE rain. I've had the chance to not walking so long in Amsterdam when the rain was dripping on the streets, but it's really something that pisses me off. On the other hand, I ADORE snow, but only in mountain or in Amsterdam, when the bridges, canals and streets are under the snow. That is so beautiful. Remember good souvenirs from Christmas in 2010, it was cold and frozen everywhere, Max was out of town, at that time Giulia blonde tall girl from Bulgaria was working in Bethlemsteeg 4. And I spent many hours outside, in the cold, just to see how life was going on in the RLD. Not too many people during afternoon but nights were busy.

By the way, have a nice trip whatever.
Posted: 2014-02-10, 6:50 pm

whatevr018
Thanks, trip ends tomorrow morning. As always, even with the rain and wind, Amsterdam was amazing and I am already looking forward to my next trip at the beginning of the summer.
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: