Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 2 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Shitty story followed by a question...
Posted: 2014-03-15, 9:41 pm

dustybottoms
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I was supposed to fly out of JFK on March 13th, landing in Amsterdam at 12pm March 14th. My outbound flight was scheduled for 11:50pm, and I arrived at the airport plenty early so I didn't take any chances missing the flight. I enjoyed a nice burger from Shake Shack and I hung out around the gate waiting to board. At approximately 11pm we started boarding. I purchased an upgraded seat, which offered free drinks, early boarding and extra leg room. Once it's my turn to board, I stand in line waiting to hand my ticket and passport to the gate agent. The nazi, I mean gate agent, took my ticket and passport and almost immediately stated: "You're not going anywhere." I politely asked why and he said my passport was too damaged!!! It expires in July, and has definitely seen better days, but the only thing wrong with it is the booklet is starting to come unbound at the crease. My passport number, my photo, name and all other vital information can clearly be seen. I also have plenty of stamps and a visa from when I studied abroad. He didn't care. It's amazing I didn't get arrested because I momentarily lost my fucking mind. If TSA allowed me through the security check, then why the fuck does a TICKET AGENT need to get involved? I still haven't completely gotten over this, but I at least have something to look forward to: I leave for Amsterdam next Wednesday. All I need to do at this point is stop by the passport agency on Tuesday and I'll walk out of there with a new passport within a couple hours.

So, that's the shitty story. But here's my question: What's going on in Amsterdam in the EARLY morning? I land at 5:55am on Thursday and I don't think I can even check into my hotel until 2pm. What time do coffeeshops open? Any suggestions for girls at that hour? Any tips are much appreciated.
Re: Shitty story followed by a question...
Posted: 2014-03-15, 10:20 pm

Carice Liefde Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi,

dustybottoms wrote:
But here's my question: What's going on in Amsterdam in the EARLY morning? I land at 5:55am on Thursday and I don't think I can even check into my hotel until 2pm. What time do coffeeshops open? Any suggestions for girls at that hour? Any tips are much appreciated.

Indeed you can't do the check in before 2pm in a hotel, very rare before but you have to leave at 11 am.
As for the coffeeshops, some are opening at 7.30 am, don't remember the names precisely but there are a few of them opening that early (Hunter's on Warmoesstraat right ?), much more than places where you can take a coffee and bars.
There is no chance you'll find any girl working in any of the three RLD, including the Singel where a few girls can start for the early starters at 8 a.m. In De Wallen it would be around 9.30 with Max arriving at work.
 [ 2 posts ] 

Jump to: