Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Autumn 2014
Posted: 2014-03-20, 11:21 pm

Dam_Obsessed
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Looks like my next visit is seriously postponed until the coming autumn, I usually wouldn't be too bothered as I am not a fan of the summer months ( too busy, too hot, too many street trolls ). However, does anybody else worry that with the coffeeshop / window closures they are in a sort of 'get it whilst you can' mentality.

I'm also worried about booking a cheap flight now incase something drastic happens like massive window and coffee shop closures before then, because if this happened, I wouldn't visit Amsterdam anymore.

I've heard lots of rumours / theories over the years, but I have like many others drastically noticed the changes in the city now.

Coffeeshops not opening until 6pm, sex shops shutting at 10pm, the same old few gems left in the RLD etc.

Let's hope I get a few replies here to rekindle my faith...
Re: Autumn 2014
Posted: 2014-03-21, 12:40 am

stix
Definitely things have changed over the years, some bad like the window closures on the tromp which doesn't have the buzz it used to for me! On the other hand the whole area feels safer and there seems to be less rip offs ( or maybe I'm just a bit wiser!)

I was complaining how the RLD wasn't what it once was, but then I took a couple of friends who had never been before and their reaction made me realise just how good Amsterdam (still) is! It re kindled my love of the place and made me realise not all change is for the worst in the long term, and as the old saying goes "nostalgia ain't what it used to be"

All these rumoured changes if they happen I'm sure Amsterdam will develop round them and continue to be one awesome place!
Posted: 2014-03-21, 4:53 am

kiwi14
everything changes ....nothing stays the same. Secret is to go with the flow.

Sometimes if we experience something too much, it weakens in impact. That's why variety is the spice of life.
Posted: 2014-03-22, 5:12 pm

Mister Mingeater
Have faith and feel the force - for donkey's years I've been larking around in October and it has always been good fun - everything is open and on the weekends it is busy.
Weather usually OK, bars, coffee shops, RLD all open late and doing a fine trade.
Some coffee shops have been given restricted opening times but hardly any out of the whole lot available in the dam - those near schools with daytime restrictions are OK to open on a weekend.
You want to stop worrying and be positive, get your flight booked - it's all there and going on for you - so look forward to it.
Go on then, what ya waitin for ? :-)
Let us know when you've done it - those lovely girly's are missing you!
All the best,
Mr M

[ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: