Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
A place for a puff and a drink - Rembrandtsplein
Posted: 2014-04-06, 8:08 am

officematt2002
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi everyone, I haven't haunted Rembrandtsplein in all of my years visiting the Dam, but this visit I will be staying at a hotel in the area and all my regular haunts are some ways away (not really, as I love the Amsterdam rambles), but I always enjoy a good beer and a toke throughout the day. Can any of you make a suggestion of such a place in the area? Many thanks ahead of time.
Re: A place for a puff and a drink - Rembrandtsplein
Posted: 2014-04-06, 11:37 am

Carice Liefde Power Kat
officematt2002 wrote:
Hi everyone, I haven't haunted Rembrandtsplein in all of my years visiting the Dam, but this visit I will be staying at a hotel in the area and all my regular haunts are some ways away (not really, as I love the Amsterdam rambles), but I always enjoy a good beer and a toke throughout the day. Can any of you make a suggestion of such a place in the area? Many thanks ahead of time.

Hi,
That's a fine place, I used to stay many times in Rembrandtplein (because of Hotel Atlanta) a few years ago. You have a coffee place just down Hotel Atlana, Rembrandtplein. Near you have The Three Sisters Rembrandtplein 17, Opera Café Rembandtplein 27-29, but you can also take a look at Oosterling Café, Utrechtsestraat 140, they're open till 1.00 am
Posted: 2014-04-06, 2:02 pm

officematt2002
Something tells me that I would be frowned upon, or much less tossed out if I lit up a spliff in these establishments. Any other suggestions that fit the bill?
Posted: 2014-04-07, 2:30 am

coolwhip45
Café Baba..

or if you want to drink go to Excalibur, They have a room upstairs where you can play pool, drink and smoke if u want.. love it there.. just treat the bartenders w/ respect lol
Posted: 2014-04-07, 2:45 pm

officematt2002
Cool whip, I know many places in that part of town, but I was asking about Rembrandtplein.
Posted: 2014-04-07, 9:01 pm

alelover45Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Actually, Three Sisters is a good recommendation...no problem lighting up on their patio. Also...Cafe Unique and Coco's Outback...but again... Only in their outdoor sitting areas. You can puff indoors at Club Smokey, but only in the designated area.
Hope this helps.
Salud,
-ale

Posted: 2014-04-07, 10:13 pm

Mister Mingeater
I haven't found anywhere in the immediate vicinity that fits the whole bill, great place to people watch.
Plenty of locations for a beer so what I've done is to pre-roll a few 'single skinners' and if the opportunity arises when boozing outside is to discreetly fire one up.
Failing that, between beers, I've just taken a stroll a few yards towards Herengracht canal bridge and lent against the railings where it is quiet - nice relaxing view of the water and somewhere not affecting anyone else ... then back for more beer !
Basic chips and fast food fodder around for the munchies but nothing worthy of winning Masterchef.
There you go,
Mr M

Posted: 2014-04-08, 10:20 am

officematt2002
Awesome tips, thanks guys.
Posted: 2014-04-09, 2:30 pm

Shinken69 Power Kat
The only time I'm in Rembrandtsplein these days is if I'm going to a movie at Pathe.
If I want to have a drink and a smoke before hand, I usually do, I'll take a couple of Kronenbourgs outside Smokie and smoke my own. I also sometimes will take a bite to eat at St James' Place.

[ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: