Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Groetjes all!
Posted: 2014-05-16, 11:19 am

x_axxxtw
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
It's been ages, years in fact, since I last logged in. I hadn't even typed 'ignatzmice', despite the many thousands of times I'd typed it in the past. Funny feeling that. An explanation? Going cold turkey on something that was once such a part of oneself, for such a long time, is the only way to shake it. So that said, it's shook.

So what brings me here this fine day? Just a Google search, for something vaguely related. Up popped the URL in the results, the mood struck, and here I am. My blasted old user name was deleted or something, so I made a new one.

I'm very glad to see that this site is still strong and healthy, I'm very glad to see that I put it into such able hands. But OMG, my old layout from the 1990s?!? Hehe.

I'm still reminded occasionally by some old friends in Amsterdam (anyone remember Bianca?), that that old Sexcetra thing is still airing. It's 12 years old! But I'm still glad to hear that it's still found worthwhile all these years past. And to be honest, despite the fakery involved, like the whole made up story about "my friend" visiting from Austria, who was actually a hired actor from Amsterdam, as well as the girls pretending to be prostitutes (also hired actors) I think we got it right---well better than most, better than the other productions I was involved with, and I'm still a wee bit proud of it. I've still got a few stories to tell about that show. Maybe another time.

I've no plans on returning to Amsterdam, it's water under the bridge now. I'm doing great, I'm actually on the Eurasian continent but on the opposite end.

To all my old friends, take care!

Cheers,
Your flounder.
Re: Groetjes all!
Posted: 2014-05-16, 12:15 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
x_axxxtw wrote:
My blasted old user name was deleted or something, so I made a new one.

I didn't do anything to it! It's still there along with all your posts. Check your PM.

x_axxxtw wrote:
But OMG, my old layout from the 1990s?!? Hehe.

Yeah, I'm really more of a back end developer... lol. It took considerable effort to preserve the existing look when we did the phpBB3 upgrade. I don't have the tools or photography skills to create anything better than the image up top, so I just kept it (I think it's great! The photos you posted here over the years were always impressive.) All I know is coding... I guess I might need to hire a designer if I really wanted to drastically change the look of the board, and obviously invest in a new CMS for the main page but the money just isn't there right now.

Anyway, nice to hear from you after all this time! Glad to know you're doing well.

Best,
Bluto

Posted: 2014-05-17, 12:37 am

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
BlutoBlutarsky wrote:
Anyway, nice to hear from you after all this time! Glad to know you're doing well.

Ditto

the dogs

Here's what you're missing
StillWater2.jpg
StillWater2.jpg [ 328.53 KiB ]

Last night

Last edited by DogsAfire on 2014-05-17, 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Posted: 2014-05-17, 12:45 am

poodooms123Supporting Member
Supporting Member
If I may just put my 2 pennith in.
Blutos doing a great job as administrator. (imho)
Posted: 2014-05-17, 11:26 pm

billybob69Supporting Member
Supporting Member
It's good to hear that you are doing well. There was a thread on here recently where someone was asking how the board was given its name.

x_axxxtw wrote:
I'm very glad to see that this site is still strong and healthy, I'm very glad to see that I put it into such able hands. But OMG, my old layout from the 1990s?!? Hehe.

Personally I love the look of the board and would be disappointed if it was ever changed. I think that the board has gone from strength to strength; 'the girls' section is particularly welcome addition. There are still loads of long time board members (as well as a healthy sprinkling of newbies), so it would be cool if you checked in ever now and again.

bb69

Posted: 2014-05-20, 4:32 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Axxxtw,

I'm glad to see you pop up. I always wonder what happens when someone leaves Amsterdam.
Personally, I cringe every time I get on a flight out, but I'm sure there are good reasons.
I hope you reconsider returning one day, at least for a visit.

Weasel

Posted: 2014-05-21, 8:23 pm

Carice Liefde Power Kat
Hi Axxxtw,

Thanks for your kind words. Danke well !

The story : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21533
-)
Posted: 2014-06-06, 12:44 pm

Roland Power Kat
Nice to see your post. Wondered where you were.

Oh, how I wish Bianca or BJA was still around and/or available.

Regards, Roland

[ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: