Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Free Wifi in RLD
Posted: 2014-06-09, 7:20 pm

liam
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Anywhere in the RLD or close by that has free wifi that you don't need a code. Preferably bars or coffee shops. Somewhere also where this site isn't blocked. Heading to Amsterdam in July and just changed my hotel from Doria to Tulip Inn to find out that there is no internet access.
Re: Free Wifi in RLD
Posted: 2014-06-09, 8:49 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
I was in the Red Light Bar a few days ago and noticed a sign on the wall saying they have free wi-fi. I did not try it so can't tell you if it works. Of course, you do have to enter a password (which is printed on the sign on the wall.) You'll have to do that in most places I think. I actually don't know of any place with an open wireless access point... there's always a code to enter. But, if you have the code, you should be fine, right? Not sure I understand.

Posted: 2014-06-09, 8:52 pm

spike56765
Bulldog in OZV had free wifi, though as Bluto has said you need a password for this one as well.

Also queens cafe just outside the RLD,though once again password needed.

Posted: 2014-06-09, 9:22 pm

liam
Cheers for the replies
Posted: 2014-06-09, 9:53 pm

loolz Power Kat
Dam Square used to have free wifi (without a password) but I think it disappeared at some point last year.

I just use my operators data roaming these days - vodafone charge £2 per day to use your UK price plan (web/calls/texts) in Europe which I think is very reasonable plus it's usually much faster than the wifi you get in most places.
Posted: 2014-06-10, 11:39 pm

paulywalnuts247
I have found free WiFi by De Waag (The Weighing House), at Nieuwmarkt. If you hang out where the taxi cabs are lined up on the north side of De Waag building by the canal with the Bredero statue of the man trying to kiss the woman. You'll see which WiFi networks are free and unsecured. Pretty self explanatory.

Also another spot with free WiFi is the Metropolitan Cafe between the Hotel Krasnapolsky and the RLD. The Metropolitan is famous for deserts and gelatos, waffles,etc. Free WiFi and the PW is posted on cards at the counter.
Posted: 2014-06-12, 11:47 pm

tonymunch Power Kat
Cafe Remember, In De Wildeman and Cafe Engelbwaarder all have wifi, and they'll give their password out if you ask. I also think Burgerbar on Warmoestraat used to have wifi as well!

[ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: