Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
where to go
Posted: 2014-06-10, 10:56 pm

soliva80
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
just looking for some feed back. Its been 8 years since i went to amsterdamn rld and i had a friend come with me. Looking to go back in early march by myself and was wondering is it worth it to travel from the states and is it safe or do you recommend another place. thanks
Re: where to go
Posted: 2014-06-11, 5:32 pm

noname
It is safe if you not planning to do some drugcrazed things or to mess with criminals or search for troubles.
Just read forums. Everything is described already.
Posted: 2014-06-11, 7:35 pm

Guilders
I feel safer in the Dam than my home city to be honest. May need keep your wits about you in certain areas/situations just like any other place, but solo travel to the Dam is for me an experience I always treasure. My only advice would be if you indulge, stick to lighter strains by day and switch to the heavy hitters by night. If eating cakes, hotel is prob the best place for that. YMMV.
Posted: 2014-06-14, 5:07 am

coolwhip45
Amsterdam is safer than the city I live in America. I never felt unsafe in Amsterdam, even until late in the morning walking around by myself. The only thing is there is a few drug dealers still hanging around Warmoesstraat and Sint Annenstraat..just ignore them and say no thanks, they are nothing like the dealers in Frankfurt sitting on the corners..those guys haggle you and follow you four blocks down the street until you give them a death threat to back off... OH..almost forgot..if staying at a hostel, make sure your door shuts and locks before you go to bed.. Our door didn't shut right, some other drunk hostel guy came barging in at 4am piss drunk and almost mistaken my Serbian hostelmates bed for a bathroom. He was kicked out quickly, we laughed and went back to bed. Have a good trip!
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: