Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 22 posts ]  1, 2  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Winston Hostel/Hotel
Posted: 2014-06-19, 9:13 am

Loverboy1
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Has anyone stayed at the Winston in the RLD? I have booked an en suite room there on my visit in September. I've heard the breakfasts are supposed to be good.

Thanks
Re: Winston Hostel/Hotel
Posted: 2014-06-19, 11:11 am

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
never stayed there, but on saying that, there are quite a few glowing reports of it on here from micers who have

regards

Posted: 2014-06-19, 5:25 pm

liam
I was reading about the bar. Good drink offers up to 11pm. Will be calling in on my next trip. Looks quite spacious too.
Posted: 2014-06-19, 11:38 pm

kaiserscouse
I've stayed there many times. It's full of American youngsters "doing" Europe but they're mainly harmless, if a little irritating. The rooms are very basic but entirely adequate. Some of the "art rooms" are quite amusing. The beer garden is great. You can smoke in either the beer garden or the smoking area. The breakfast is an all you can eat with the usual selection of cereal, bread, cheese, meats, orange, coffee etc. The main attraction, however, is the location, which is simply unbeatable.

Have fun!
Posted: 2014-06-19, 11:47 pm

coolwhip45
I stayed there last September for 5 days with mixed dorm of 8. I also am booked for this September too, with a private room this time around. I enjoyed the Winston. When it comes to sleeping the beds were pretty comfy, the shower is probably the only thing that sucked, the water doesn't drain well, had to lay a towel down so the water wouldn't flood thru the bathroom door, no biggie..With 8 people in one room I say it a was a good deal and very comfortable.

The bar itself has great deals on drinks as well as shots, but you have to carry your key card and show them to get discounts. I think they had 2 for 5euros becks, and I think shots were like a euro or two. Cheap!!. The bar area is pretty spacious, they also have a outside garden area where you can smoke and drink. The breakfast was good I had a huge egg/hash brown sandwich, it was tasty. Their nachos are the best.. huge freaking plate of awesomeness. They do have a free breakfast i think till 10 or 11.. which consists of cereal, toast, fruit etc..but all the good breakfast stuff you have to pay for. I Would say the Belushi bar menu is mostly American type food. Burgers and wings.. lol

Winston also has a club next door. Whether its the bar, garden area or club its very easy place to meet new people.
The location is the best thing about it, right in the middle of rld, can't beat that.

Last edited by coolwhip45 on 2014-06-19, 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Posted: 2014-06-19, 11:52 pm

coolwhip45
When are you going? i'll buy you a round of beers i'll be there the Sept. 23-26th
Posted: 2014-06-20, 3:25 am

Loverboy1
Hi Coolwhip45, it will be the beginning of September unfortunately.

Loverboy
Posted: 2014-06-26, 2:17 am

coolwhip45
That's cool, let us know how your trip goes..give me a heads up on the Winston/ams hah. Goodluck!
Posted: 2014-06-28, 12:46 am

lilji
Great party hostel and is quite good for meeting other travellers. the club next door is owned by the hoatel too and is pretty decent. Also, the st christophera in Berlin is great too if you ever travel to there.
Posted: 2014-06-29, 1:29 pm

Dam_Obsessed
Just booked to stay there. Anyone know what the script is with getting into and out the hotel late at night and what the premium rooms are like?
Posted: 2014-06-30, 5:03 am

coolwhip45
They have 24 reception, you can come and go as late as you want. You have key card access to the hostel and your room, I think the bar area closes around 2-3am.. If your in a room with others they might not enjoy you coming in late and waking them up, but having your own personal room, you can come and go as you please.

My last night I stayed out till 5am drinking, even though everything closes before then. I came back..accidently woke everyone up, packed my bags and they called me a taxi. I was off to Schiphol and slept on the plane..lol :)

From what I can tell the private rooms are more artsy and you get a bigger bed with your own space and bathroom, but I don't think a mini bar or tv is even included from what the pics show..probably just a normal private room. Can't really comment on that yet, since I stayed in a dorm last time.
Posted: 2014-07-01, 12:43 am

lilji
General hostel 'self rules' apply with a dorm. It's cool to come and go as you wish but might be an idea to be quuet when coming back later. Tho don't be put off staying out late.
Posted: 2014-07-14, 7:30 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I used to stay at the Winston all the time, but over the years they've really spun down. At one time they put a lot of thought into creating the art rooms and you could reserve specific rooms and prices were low. Ever since they were absorbed into a chain they've become less and less friendly and accommodating while raising prices. The last time I stayed there they had ignored my room request, assigned one arbitrarily, and wouldn't consider changing it. They were downright rude in the way they warned about not smoking in the rooms. The room itself was shabby and depressing.

So this repeat customer stopped repeating.

This is my new go to place. Very professional. Modern rooms. Very good location.

http://www.hotelcc.nl/en/

Posted: 2014-07-15, 12:21 pm

somelanger
just searched up the hotel cc and the prices are extortionate!!!624 euros for a standard dble room without breakfast,tempted to ask does the price include a complimentary bj on arrival!!!
Posted: 2014-07-16, 3:22 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
That's just crazy. I've never paid anything like that!

OK, I just checked on Expedia and in the near future it's $175 - $190 a night. That's dollars not euros. I've paid less than that as well, but I'm usually there in the winter.

Posted: 2014-07-16, 9:03 pm

retro Power Kat
I stayed at hotel cc last year in one of the small double rooms, I thought I'd give it a go as I got it at a cheap rate, although it was clean and a nice place the room was tiny. I might stay again if I got it cheap, but wouldn't pay some of the prices I've seen those rooms going for.
Posted: 2014-07-17, 12:45 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
This is true, the rooms are small. I basically use the room to sleep, shower, etc. For that it's fine.

Posted: 2014-07-27, 10:12 pm

travelerz
I just stayed there and I checked out after one nite and used my Marriott points to get a decent room at the Renaissance.

It all depends on how much you pay per nite. But its not a tidy place its not dirty but just old and showing use. Its noisy as hell. I had a 2 night minimum and used amex to pay for the room. The were ok about me checking out and refunding my money.

Its just not for me , maybe if i were 20 years younger.
Posted: 2014-07-28, 12:51 am

poodooms123Supporting Member
Supporting Member
checked out hotel cc,very nice...but excluding city tax........5 %, and no breakfast.
The Rho, or Rokin hotels include taxes and breakfast, although they look a little more expensive, if you book in advance you can get 10% off.

just trying to help, but I don,t think you can beat the Rho. ( they should give me commision lol )
Posted: 2014-07-30, 5:12 pm

kingconan
Some people seem to find some great deals for the CC hotel but I can never find them...
For cheaper than the Hotel CC I usually book at the Inntel Hotel.
 [ 22 posts ]  1, 2  Next

Jump to: