Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
amsterdam dangerous?
Posted: 2014-07-11, 4:03 am

beginner88
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Just beeing curious :)
During my first trip back in 2008 I haven't felt very safe around the red light district.

When I came home I googled a lot about amsterdam and read some horrible stories about people beeing victims of crime in Amsterdam.

Now, after my 14th (I think) trip I feel a lot more confident about exploring de wallen and the rest of the city by myself. Even when I'm walking through the rld alone at 2 a.m I never had problems but I was wondering if any of you guys experienced some crime in Amsterdam.

Do you think amsterdam is dangerous compared to other cities?

Are there cities that are dangerous in the Netherlands?

Which part of amsterdam would you avoid at all cost?
Re: amsterdam dangerous?
Posted: 2014-07-11, 6:44 am

davey1800Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
If you've never had any problems over 14 trips (which is a lot by the way), then why would you ask such a negative question? You already know the answer. It doesn't matter about other parts of the city if you only stick to the tourist areas. Be positive bro.. don't bring the mood down ;)
Posted: 2014-07-11, 8:09 am

ams2008damPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Never any problems in the dam here.I haved stayed all over the city and been out all night in the red lights.JUst takecare like any other city and you will be fine.
Posted: 2014-07-11, 9:20 am

kingconan
I've never had nor seen any trouble bar drunken fights.
Ignore the drug dealers and you'll be fine.
Posted: 2014-07-12, 4:20 pm

Carice Liefde Power Kat
Hi,

Just common sense, don't provok drug dealers, just say a firm "NO", not being drunk yourself or teasing cops in the streets (even the tall blondes on horses, I know it's hard, temptation is sometimes very strong, but they do have authority). I never felt insecure in Amsterdam at any moment of time or night, including late night, surrounded by drunk/noisy guys from whatever place they can come from. Was just followed during one minute by a drug dealer, stopped, spoke some words, and he ran away.

For the anecdote, once, during an afternoon, one couple was doing his show on the bridge of Oudekkennisteeg. The girl has had a whip in her hand, and the boy wore an orange scarf around his neck. She had tall boots, leather uniform & hat, was undoubtly a domina, and his was her dog. At one moment, in front of kids, the guy faked a BJ & he was caressing the girl on her boots. All of a sudden, two male cops, standing not far from here, ran towards this guy and her female friend and say in a very firm way "Hello, you STOP this right NOW !!, Ok ? There are kids here". They were absolutely not joking and wanted the couple to stop immediately faking sexual acts in front of kids/teenagers and their friends/parents. I finally took my chance to follow discretly the couple and the cops next to them. They took another direction, and the guy was still playing with his scarf and handcuffs. I was trying to catch them, for the fun of taking a picture with them, but they walked too fast. Eventually, I took one with charming drag queens on Warmoesstraat in front of a gay bar : -)
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: