Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 15 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
cant decide
Posted: 2014-08-01, 7:11 pm

soliva80
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
need help i'm not sure where to stay i will be in amsterdamn in march and trying to book the hotel now and not sure what to choose hotel cc or inntel hotel centre. anyone recommend one for me thanks
Re: cant decide
Posted: 2014-08-01, 8:25 pm

akaDrPussy Moderator
I like the CC alot been using it for last 4 yrs fairly regularly. Rooms tend to be on the small side though but thats never bothered me personally.

Posted: 2014-08-01, 10:59 pm

poodooms123Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Trying to help........for my dates this year, Hotel CC £432 plus 5.5 % city tax.no breakfast.
Rho hotel.. with early booking discount..£412.57..including tax, including breakfast.
dates are 14th to 19th December. but it shows how some places look a better deal, but then add city tax, do you want breakfast?
Rho is 20 meters from Dam Square.
as I said before, The Rho should pay me commision. lol.
personally I don't think you can beat it.
Posted: 2014-08-01, 11:55 pm

Mister Mingeater
The Rho is right on the edge of the 'action' and a very decent and secure place to stay.
Been going there for over 20 years on and off and always been sound.
24 hrs access and good desk staff.
Good value for money.
Sometimes stay at the Doria around the corner which is cheaper and is also OK - not up to the standard of the Rho but fine for me as a sole occupant wanting somewhere clean to crash out - single ensuite rooms can be small - about 75 € per night (depending when). They have their own website - no cheaper to book through Easytobook or similar) Not a place to take any chicks back to. You can at the Rho although I don't bother
There ya go.
MrM

Posted: 2014-08-02, 12:44 am

Supporting Member
Mister Mingeater wrote:
The Rho is right on the edge of the 'action' and a very decent and secure place to stay.
Good value for money.
Sometimes stay at the Doria around the corner which is cheaper and is also OK - not up to the standard of the Rho but fine for me as a sole occupant wanting somewhere clean to crash out - single ensuite rooms can be small - about 75 € per night (depending when). They have their own website - no cheaper to book through Easytobook or similar) Not a place to take any chicks back to. You can at the Rho although I don't bother
There ya go.
MrM

the Doria is on top of the pizza place on Damstraat, i think. no lift no breakfast if i am right.
thanks for the back-up Mr Mingeater.
Again Rho ticks all boxes ( for me)
Posted: 2014-08-02, 5:02 am

ams2008damPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
75 euro plus on a hotel each night you guys are loaded
Posted: 2014-08-02, 1:04 pm

Mister Mingeater
poodooms123 wrote:
Mister Mingeater wrote:
Good value for money.
There ya go.
MrM

the Doria is on top of the pizza place on Damstraat, i think. no lift no breakfast if i am right.
thanks for the back-up Mr Mingeater.
Again Rho ticks all boxes ( for me)

Doria - yes it is on the floors above the restaurant - top floor is good with opening rooflights if you like a sneaky smoke.
There is a breakfast included in the price which is buffet style and you eat in the restaurant - usual continental stuff, cheeses, toast, cereals, fruit juice, coffee etc smallish selection but OK and have as much as you want - you also get a discount in the restaurant and at another of their restaurants across the street
There is a lift which runs from the first floor where the reception area is to other levels.
You've got the right info now.
Cheers,
Mr M

Posted: 2014-08-03, 1:13 am

Supporting Member
I stand corrected,
I only done my 'review' from what I had read thro other people's reviews.
Sorry Dorio.
As I said ..sorry for miss information.

is that o.k Mr Mingeater??
Posted: 2014-08-03, 1:00 pm

berkshiretyman
after reading good reports on the rho I have booked there for my next trip at the end of October....3 nights for £270 which is about the least I've paid since I've started going there...cheaper even then the damrak Inn where I stayed last may..but reading on their website it says bills can only be paid in cash or credit cards? I normally pay by debit card...I prefer it that way so I don't have to hold cash back!! has anyone else tried to pay by debit at the rho?
cheers
Bt
Posted: 2014-08-03, 7:57 pm

Mister Mingeater
poodooms123 wrote:
As I said ..sorry for miss information.

is that o.k Mr Mingeater??

I think I might let you off - just this one lol.
This forum is here to offer advice and exchange ideas etc - just wanted you to have the correct facts so you can make a choice comparing like for like with the pricing.
Don't be shy, keep asking, that's how you get to find out :-)

@ Berkshiretyman ......
Regarding paying by Debit card at the Rho - no problem - I have paid both in the lobby when I arrive and also paid on-line in advance.
Just clarify with your bank that it will work abroad - nearly all of them do if they are with a good sized bank.
Cheers,
MrM

Posted: 2014-08-03, 9:58 pm

berkshiretyman
thanks Mrm...I've never had an issue paying by debit before either at the Hampshire eden or the damrak Inn so just thought it a bit unusual to read that on their site...thanks for the info
Bt
Posted: 2014-08-07, 1:28 pm

berkshiretyman
is the bag drop at the rho secure? I normally arrive at central around 11 am and since check in seems to be 2pm I would like to leave my bag there until I can have my room if it's safe
Bt
Posted: 2014-08-07, 5:35 pm

Supporting Member
They lock it in a room about 20ft from reception, in full view all the time.
Posted: 2014-08-07, 7:00 pm

kingconan
I've stayed at the Inntel hotel many times. They have always let me check in early and staff are friendly. Rooms are big and the shower is great.
Close to Wok to Walk and Burger Bar.

For the next trip I am going to stay at the doubletree.

KC
Posted: 2014-08-09, 2:08 am

walle
Old Quarter is a decent hotel, good location, friendly staff and nice bar to enjoy breakfast or late night drinks.
 [ 15 posts ] 

Jump to: