Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 21 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: Colour lights of Kamers? confused much?
Posted: 2014-08-27, 12:00 am

george47 Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
losbal wrote:

Personally, I've always thought the supposed red light / blue light system of classification to be nothing more than a myth. The TS locations have generally been pretty fixed and whether those locations tend to have more blue lighting than red I haven't noticed. You do occasionally get the odd TS elsewhere and I suspect they will be mostly post-op and post-op that do not want to reveal their transgendered nature. Are we suggesting that the kamer owners insist post-ops go to those kamer so with blue lights or that they change them if a PO hires a window? No chance.

If there is some correlation with lights and TS I haven't noticed it. And even if there is I wouldn't rely on it as a system to avoid post-ops. The only advice I would give you is to totally ignore the colour of the lights, totally check out the location, specific reports on this site and most of all your other senses!

It's certainly no myth though in recent years things seem to have changed somewhat. I didn't know anything about blue lights (so I had no preconceived ideas) when I first visited and remember seeing them all along Bloedstraat. It is true though that today (I literally walked down there an hour after reading your post) most are red lights though 2 or 3 are just blue. I also noticed that over half the entire windows in the RLD have both red and blue light tubes available. So in theory the occupant could choose which light to turn on. I asked Melissa (A great source of information) about this on Goldebergersteeg assuming she would say it's for TS should one work there. However she said they are only permitted to work in designated areas to avoid trouble and confusion. The relatively recent inclusion of blue lights is to make a better healthier light for the girls to work in. As I walked around more I noticed many windows had both lights switched on whereas a few only had the red.
I guess in theory a woman could work at the canal end of Bloedstraat but the owners can't risk doing anything that might course trouble so I doubt it would happen. Even a girl offering cheap services is likely to get kicked out since it would course trouble amongst the other girls.

Attachments
2014Aug10.jpg
2014Aug10.jpg [ 178.62 KiB ]
 [ 21 posts ]  Previous  1, 2

Jump to: