Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Quick layover
Posted: 2014-09-12, 3:45 pm

officematt2002
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi all, I am arriving next Thursday at 7:15 a.m. And departing at 12:30 p.m. I will definitely put in the time by making a jaunt down to Centraal Station and was wondering if any coffee shops open around 8:30? I know some of the best girls aren't working at that time, but I am sure I will find someone to scratch my itch.

Flying an 8 hour leg and then a 9 hour leg so I will definitely want to stretch my legs. Even if I can walk the Centrum that will be pleasant enough.
Re: Quick layover
Posted: 2014-09-12, 4:58 pm

french7034
Is the layover at Schipol? If so I would jump in a taxi straight to the centre and perhaps arrange for the same cab to pick you back up from Dam Square (outside Hotel Krasnapolsky) at a time which will get you back for your departure. If you are giving the guy repeat business he'll more than likely sort you out with a decent price. I did this once before and it worked out perfectly, and means if you are on a mission you can get yourself straight into a taxi and straight into a kamer/coffeeshop/whatever :)

I am assuming that you'll have to get through passport control and then check in on a different flight, so IMO you'll be cutting it fine with trains and walking about too much...

Posted: 2014-09-12, 7:46 pm

officematt2002
Yes, thanks. I am well acquainted with Amsterdam, so no need to pay an arm and a leg to get to Centrum via taxi.
Re: Quick layover
Posted: 2014-09-21, 10:25 pm

officematt2002
Just a heads up for those interested: Plane debarked at about 7:30 a.m., got through passport control and waited a few minutes for a train and was walking out the doors of Centraal Station at 8:11 a.m. Pretty nice. Wandered about De Wallen and Singel and was in the company of street cleaners and garbage men. All seemed hopeless. Had a coffee and a snack and went to the Singel again. A few ka era opened at about 9 a.m. And I was soon enjoying the pleasures of Panamanian Maris and her tasty big titties. Back on the train with time to spare for a bit of duty free shopping and then on my home on the next leaf my voyage.
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: