Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Day trip from Amsterdam
Posted: 2014-10-09, 5:32 pm

hnbcm
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi all

I am heading over to Amsterdam mid November for 5 days. Rather than stay in Amsterdam all week I would like to take a day trip to somewhere, in Netherlands, that is less than an hour by train. I have been to Amsterdam many many times but never really visited anywhere else. Coffee shops, brown bar and a RLD is a plus but not necessary.

Suggestions please!
Re: Day trip from Amsterdam
Posted: 2014-10-09, 7:12 pm

ams2008damPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
alkmaar is good
Posted: 2014-10-10, 12:17 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Alkmaar, Leewarden or Den Haag.

Posted: 2014-10-10, 6:26 am

doubletree2
Roermond. It is 2 hours by train but very easy to get there . You could visit YY club. Highly recommend that club. Also outlet mall is another suggestion. I liked the city. Small but fun.
Posted: 2014-10-10, 6:45 pm

bitman
Buy day train ticket from Kruidvat. Go to Leeuwarden, De Weaze and enjoy. The travel takes time but the scene is much laid back than in Amsterdam. Besides, the normal travel cost is more than double that of the price of this day ticket.

http://www.kruidvat.nl/treinkaartjes

Posted: 2014-11-05, 6:44 am

Harland
Amsterdam is a nice city to see in Netherlands. It is also one of the most visited and capital city of Kingdom of the Netherlands. I visited this pretty about few months ago only for 2 days and 3 nights. This region is well known around the world due to its museums.
Posted: 2014-11-05, 7:22 pm

Dewey06
Utrecht. It's a bit more than half and hour away by train it's way more beautiful than AMsterdam, it's smaller but cuter, you can really see the most of it in a day and people are way friendlier.
Posted: 2014-11-06, 8:28 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
It will be a lot more friendly, though, when they reopen their red light district!

Posted: 2014-11-08, 3:13 am

george47 Power Kat
Harland wrote:
Amsterdam is a nice city to see in Netherlands. It is also one of the most visited and capital city of Kingdom of the Netherlands. I visited this pretty about few months ago only for 2 days and 3 nights. This region is well known around the world due to its museums.

So your suggestion is that he takes a day trip from Amsterdam to Amsterdam? I guess the train fare will be cheap and it will certainly take less than an hour.
 [ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: