Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 11 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Luminous shop on the Wallen proposal
Posted: 2014-11-06, 12:52 am

Braveinca
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
More changes and here is a translation
Not more closures but again an unnecessary addition to the Red Light District
The size of it looks quite large , imagine the poor girls working opposite- being blasted by that amount of luminosity!!!

Article from bright.nl
The Amsterdam walls have reached a new high. In one of the darkest alleys you will find the most bright interior .

Hangover Information Center called the store, with her all-white interior and centered a luminous bar its name does. 28 fluorescent tubes in the 9 meter long translucent cabinet processed. With the walls repetitive bottled water and vitamin drinks , the interior is reminiscent of a pharmacy. Pictures of the office # 34 of Ruud van Empel and pharmacy Damien Hirst looming. Alienating , as among all the red light on the Wallen .

" The Red Light District is known for its nightlife. Our client HIC found a nice medium between all drink and party violence, "said Max Cohen de Lara and David Mulder Amsterdam architect XML. Their design ( the blog world under the name White Store) is located on the Saint Anne Dwarsstraat 3 in Amsterdam. The shop and information center from 4 pm to 1 am open at night .

HIC only sells water and Reset , a specially developed beverage that helps to reduce the negative effects of excessive alcohol consumption.

Attachments
141104-xml-white-light-store-red-light-district-amsterdam-designboom-05.jpg
141104-xml-white-light-store-red-light-district-amsterdam-designboom-05.jpg [ 142.65 KiB ]
141104-XML_Whitestore_model.jpg
141104-XML_Whitestore_model.jpg [ 77.51 KiB ]
141104-xml-exterieur.jpg
141104-xml-exterieur.jpg [ 130.82 KiB ]
Re: Luminous shop on the Wallen proposal
Posted: 2014-11-06, 8:02 am

davey1800Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
So... apparently.. the cure for a hangover is to open a shop, with so much bright light, so as to upgrade your hangover headache to a full-blown migraine? Only in Amsterdam ;)

p.s. sad times... I had a 3-some in that shop :(
Posted: 2014-11-06, 8:33 am

spike56765
George, I've not seen thus finished however, when they were refitting this room there was windows looking onto Tromp as well. I came out a kamer and the worries were all sitting having there lunch looking out the window.

Posted: 2014-11-06, 10:24 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
The fashion shops make more sense than this. A super-bright shop for people with hangovers that only offers water and water-plus. Sounds like something from A Clockwork Orange that got left on the cutting room floor. They should have just left it for the old in-out in-out.

Posted: 2014-11-06, 11:51 am

grimnul Power Kat
I saw this place the other night as I was walking by. My immediate reaction was "wtf, is that an Apple Store?".

Looks very out of place, though it isn't too big a deal because it's not too bright. I don't imagine it'll be around too long.
Posted: 2014-11-06, 12:43 pm

kingconan
Such a waste of money. As has previously been mentioned, only water and sleep can cure a hangover.

And maybe a full english.
Posted: 2014-11-06, 1:24 pm

Aldebran LinkbatSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Saw this place last month, must admit I stopped and stared for a while. I wasn't sure if it was a real shop or some kind of art installation.

The bright lighting and endless rows of bottles (I think there are mirrors to make it look twice as big) resemble the kind of thing you see on psychedelic drugs when you close your eyes. Trippy

Posted: 2014-11-06, 2:05 pm

george47 Power Kat
spike56765 wrote:
George, I've not seen thus finished however, when they were refitting this room there was windows looking onto Tromp as well. I came out a kamer and the worries were all sitting having there lunch looking out the window.

I didn't managed to get a photo from the Tromp side and didn't try too hard because there wasn't really anything to photo. I don't recall being able to see inside the shop like in the first post but I may be mistaken. I also don't recall any great brightness down Tromp.
Posted: 2014-11-06, 9:18 pm

stix
At least turn it into a bar, or even better back into windows! I'm sure german Kim used to work in a window here before they closed?
Posted: 2014-11-07, 6:35 am

ams2008damPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
double dose of anadin and full english them im good to go after my hangovers,how much is the water in this hole.
Posted: 2014-11-07, 4:15 pm

ThirstyTraveller
What a waste of time and money! I hope it gets razed to the ground!! ;)

The best cures for a hangover are -
1. Keep on drinking and don't ever stop! :)
2. Don't drink in the first place :(
Simple!

Anyway, why buy water from that place when there's plenty of free water in the canal's!

Cheers!

[ 11 posts ] 

Jump to: