Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Is the Clock of Closure of De Wallen only a matter of months away?
Posted: 2014-11-24, 5:59 pm

Braveinca
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Afternoon all, it continues to worry me that further closures will see this great adult's playground
gone for good! With everything Ive read online it sounds like that we could be looking at 12 month window
when the side streets windows are closed or replaced by Gimmicky studios, its a real shame, and using Human Trafficking as an excuse is just not on!!!

regards Brave Inca, Dublin
Re: Is the Clock of Closure of De Wallen only a matter of months away?
Posted: 2014-11-24, 6:28 pm

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Quite honestly, i dont think anyone is 100% sure what is happening or, going to happen re; closures

imho, i cant see the Amsterdam governing body allowing the whole RLD to close completely, that would be suicidal to their economy, but i can see Sint Ann /Tromp area going, leaving just dolleb and stoof, tho i may be wrong, and someone with more know how will know more, this is just my thoughts !

Singel and De Pijp i think will stay, that im fairly sure, and you may see a lot of girls relocating soon to that area,

Trafficking is a lame excuse, i agree, the only girls im pretty sure are trafficked are on Molensteeg, the rest work of their own free will. !

It is a great shame, De Wallen has been in existence from the 16th century,[ or thereabouts], and know they want it " cleaned up " Im afraid, the AMS government will realise once its almost gone, their revenues [tourists] will suffer, by which time "sex hungry males" [myself included lol] will be visiting Germany/Poland/Latvia etc for their " fun"

Sorry, i know as much as the next man, even girls like German Kim/Maxx/Emma [long time working girls] arent that sure either.

Whatever happens, De Wallen will NEVER EVER be like it was say 20yrs ago

regards

Posted: 2014-11-24, 6:36 pm

Braveinca
Cheers Greenhoff could opinions by yourself, Hopefully "we will never walk alone" in De Wallen
It must survive!!!
Re: Is the Clock of Closure of De Wallen only a matter of months away?
Posted: 2014-11-25, 4:11 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Personally, I like the idea that I am doing what has been done for the last 500 years.
I work like a dog, sail the seven seas, hoist some cargo, slay a few dragons,
and my reward is to roll into Amsterdam with lust in my lonely heart and a few coins in my pocket.
Amsterdam has always been the best port of call on earth.
Not Rotterdam, or Brugge, or Hamburg, or Kiel.
I like to believe that the city council understands this.
I have to point out that the leaders of Amsterdam have always been very good at knowing when to do nothing.
Lets hope they understand their own history, and leave well enough alone.

Weasel

Posted: 2014-11-25, 4:48 pm

george47 Power Kat
Braveinca wrote:
using Human Trafficking as an excuse is just not on!!!

There's far more to it than that. I suggest you search for "Project 1012" and read it through as well as this very recent thread on the same subject- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23356 .

greenhoff wrote:
Quite honestly, i dont think anyone is 100% sure what is happening or, going to happen re; closures
imho, i cant see the Amsterdam governing body allowing the whole RLD to close completely,

I can't recall anyone saying the whole RLD would close. That's not part of any plan I have read.
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: