Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 2 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Some help with the itinerary please
Posted: 2014-11-30, 3:19 pm

Sidharthjatia
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Okay, so here goes....

Am going to be on my first visit to the Dam between 10th and 15th Jan 15. Looking to stay at a hotel near the Centraal (around 60 e) and there seem to be quite a few available.

Now, would appreciate advise on a couple of things.

A) am a non CBJ kind of a person. Anyone offers that?

B) 5 days full of sex will get mighty expensive. Looking to spend max 200 to 300 e per day. Not a museum guy. More into drinks, so am carrying a bottle of Glenlivit or maybe two. Beers would suffice the rest.

C) good bookshop recommendations please

D) are clubs single and Indian friendly? I have faced situations in Munich prior so am a little wary.

E) More interested in the pick up places. Any known places around?

Recommendations and suggestions would be great.

Thanks

------–------------------------------------
Re: Some help with the itinerary please
Posted: 2014-12-02, 3:10 pm

YIN
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Okay, so here goes....

We have been going to Amsterdam at least once a year for 10years. Plus, when I was single, I moved there for a short period.

Recently we were research hotels for our trip this coming February. This hotel was way up the top of our list and for reasons of location (it suits us better to be near Het Spui) we chose another hotel. We still think this one looks excellent, although perhaps a little outside your price range ?

http://www.atrainhotel.com/ Maybe you could contact them and ask them for a special for the 5nights.

Otherwise, the following are some of the things I know and suggest:

A) A) am a non CBJ kind of a person. Anyone offers that?
- Sorry, can't help you on this one. I must say, I enjoy that too, but not sure I would accept it off a prostitute.
If she does it for you, who else has she done it for ? Too high a risk in my opinion.

B) 5 days full of sex will get mighty expensive. Looking to spend max 200 to 300 e per day. Not a museum guy. More into drinks, so am carrying a bottle of Glenlivit or maybe two. Beers would suffice the rest.
- Have you considered attending a gang-bang ? Not sure of the price, but it might be better value than
20mins with one girl.

C) good bookshop recommendations please
- Bookstores I'm aware of but not necessarily recomending are:
(a) English Bookstore: end of Kalverstraat close to the de Munttoren.

(b) Waterstones, where Het Spui meets Kalverstraat.
(c) There is also a small interesting bookstore on Damstraat between Kloveniersburrgwal and St
Antoniebreestraat.
(d) A larger store is on the same street between Oudezijds Achterburgwal and Kloveniersburgwal. It's
called KOK, you can't miss it.

D) are clubs single and Indian friendly? I have faced situations in Munich prior so am a little wary.
- Definitely avoid Escape on Rembrandtplein. Two of us (single guys) tried to enter a few years ago and they
told us to come back when we had girls with us.
- The CoolDown Cafe on Rembrandtplein was fun though. There is another one, which I haven't been in near
Leidseplein.
- I also have been to Dansen Bij Jansen, thought can't remember much about it. Went there with another single
guy one night, so it seems ok. It's on a side street between Koningsplein and Kalverstraat. If you get
to the Bloemenmarkt, you are close to it.

- I'm Caucasian, so can't tell you how Indian friendly any of these places might be. Given that the Netherlands
has a large Surinamese poplation, then I can't see being of a different culture or skin-colour being a huge
issue. Just take it easy and don't try too hard with the girls and you should meet some cool people.

E) More interested in the pick up places. Any known places around?
- For picking up girls you might just aswell to go to bars rather than clubs. Some music bars can be lively but
offer places to sit and chat if you want to engage with other people more. There are tonnes of bars around De
Wallen and Leidseplein.

I hope these recommendations and suggestions help.
All the breast.

------–------------------------------------
 [ 2 posts ] 

Jump to: