Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Amsterdam Weather?
Posted: 2015-02-27, 4:19 pm

Amsterdamaged1
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Planning my Third trip to the Beautiful Amsterdam.

Yet, I don't want to visit the place when it's completely summer & rather warm? lol. I see Amsterdam more as a ''When it get's dark early'' kind of place. I just think it's so much more animated at that time and atmosphere is better, really? plus, I run the risk of bumping into people, I may well know and so forward. I would like to know when spring season ends or when it's still going to be rather ''Normal'' bit ''Dull'' perhaps? yet, I know Amsterdam's weather can be unpredictable.

I just want to visit when perhaps there is rain, grey skies almost? and just when it's not summer, jam-packed and scorching hot? as miserable as the post sounds lol. but, as I said I prefer it more when it's jut casual & normal weather or cold & wintery dark. I feel it's perfect around them times. The city looks so much better when dark or misty or maybe that's just me? lol.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Amsterdam Weather?
Posted: 2015-02-27, 7:08 pm

elgonzoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
All my trips have been between December and April , never been in the Summer Months .

Posted: 2015-02-27, 10:56 pm

Carice Liefde Power Kat
Hi,

April is very mild. A bit of rain during days and nights, nice rays of sunshine. Weather is nice enough to do walks.

July I've been for a week, it was hot the second and thir days, very shiny, impressive for the sight ie all girls a
short denims, skirts, etc

October more mild than April, night are far more fresher. Can't walk without a good parka and a scarf. Gloves too.
More rainy days

December is the coldest period I've been in the RLD and other places in Amsterdam.
Very cold, especially during nights or early in the morning. I guess it depends on years, but during winter, in 2009, streets were covered with snow, it was beautiful. The fact of coming in a hot room was very pleasant. All of sudden everything was warm and nice.

February quite cold if not very cold as well.

Spring time sounds to me to be the best. Longer evenings, mild weather, flowers blooming, fresh air but pleasant.
Posted: 2015-02-28, 12:08 am

kingconan
From my experiences...

September 2013 - extremely warm. (no rain)
January 2014 - quite cold but warm days (30% rain)
May 2014 - Warm, very busy crowds (no rain)
November 2014 - Cool but still some warm days. (50% rain)

Next visit in June so will let you know!
Posted: 2015-02-28, 7:52 pm

Amsterdamaged1
Carice Liefde wrote:
Hi,

April is very mild. A bit of rain during days and nights, nice rays of sunshine. Weather is nice enough to do walks.

July I've been for a week, it was hot the second and thir days, very shiny, impressive for the sight ie all girls a
short denims, skirts, etc

October more mild than April, night are far more fresher. Can't walk without a good parka and a scarf. Gloves too.
More rainy days

December is the coldest period I've been in the RLD and other places in Amsterdam.
Very cold, especially during nights or early in the morning. I guess it depends on years, but during winter, in 2009, streets were covered with snow, it was beautiful. The fact of coming in a hot room was very pleasant. All of sudden everything was warm and nice.

February quite cold if not very cold as well.

Spring time sounds to me to be the best. Longer evenings, mild weather, flowers blooming, fresh air but pleasant.

Thank you, Carice.

I may just visit during the course of Spring, I have been around April and got to say, it was reasonably well. I really like the environment of a Autumn/Winter vibe though personally, as previously stated, beautiful city regardless. Just being in Amsterdam & being about the city is uplifting, because it's such a different culture to the UK.

As you know too, with last trip report that was over December, was pretty damn cold, I must admit, great atmosphere that time, I may attend again over New Year's Eve this year, couldn't say for certain though of the timeframe, I'd be heading back. I am just not overly keen on being their around Summer, particularly with just how busy it gets etc.

I would really like to be there, when it does snow, I think that would be a great.

Regards

Last edited by Amsterdamaged1 on 2015-02-28, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posted: 2015-02-28, 7:53 pm

Amsterdamaged1
kingconan wrote:
From my experiences...

September 2013 - extremely warm. (no rain)
January 2014 - quite cold but warm days (30% rain)
May 2014 - Warm, very busy crowds (no rain)
November 2014 - Cool but still some warm days. (50% rain)

Next visit in June so will let you know!

Interesting, yes please do!

Regards
Posted: 2015-03-02, 4:13 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I like the spring , too.
Crowds really pick up in June.
So do the ass-biting mosquito's!
I'm usually there in February or March. No leaves on the trees, and cool at night.
It is the driest part of the year.
April warms up quite a bit, some days in the 60's, but the rain picks up as well.
I'm back the first week of April. I don't mind the cold, but I hate being soaked!
Hope I stay dry!

Weasel

Posted: 2015-03-03, 3:43 pm

jollyjokermuffins
I always have my north face jacket. The basic ones that protects from wind and cost 129e in most shops.
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: