Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
The Joint...Amsterdam
Posted: 2015-03-01, 8:37 pm

420 Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Ok local Netherlanders. I own multiple franchises of The Joint http://www.thejoint.com and have seriously considered opening locations in Amsterdam. Gotta love the name "The Joint...Amsterdam"

My question is; how difficult is it for a non-EU person to open a US Franchise in Holland. I assume that McDonald's and Burger King were able to navigate the system?

I would love to have more reasons to visit Amsterdam:)

How about this tag-line "Best Crack in Amsterdam" LOL

Feel free to PM me if you have any interest in investing.

Cheers

Not sure if this was the right Forum but its about Amsterdam and most readers look at this first. If your so inclined to move it,,ok:(

Last edited by 420 on 2015-03-01, 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: The Joint...Amsterdam
Posted: 2015-03-01, 8:59 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAFT_%28treaty%29

Wikipedia wrote:
The Dutch-American Friendship Treaty, also known as DAFT or Dutch American Residency Treaty, is an agreement between the United States and the Netherlands concerning friendship, commerce and navigation, together with a protocol and an exchange of notes relating thereto. It was signed at The Hague on March 27, 1956.

One benefit of this treaty has enabled US citizens to start businesses in the Netherlands and its territories. Successful applicants receive a residence permit which allows them to work on a self-employed basis or to represent American companies with business interests in the Netherlands.

The treaty gives American citizens preferential treatment to operate a business in the Netherlands. In contrast to other non-EU nationals who want to work in the Netherlands on a self-employed basis, Americans applying under the treaty do not need to satisfy the points-based test which is applied to non-EU businesses.

More details in the link.

Posted: 2015-03-01, 9:07 pm

420 Power Kat
Thanks for the info Bluto. Lets hook up for a beer when I visit in May!

Posted: 2015-03-01, 9:27 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Sure, shoot me a message when you get here! I have to tell you I don't know anything about opening a business here though. I just work a regular job (and as an EU citizen I didn't have to deal with the IND bureaucracy either) but I happened to be aware of this legislation and thought it might be useful info.

Posted: 2015-03-01, 9:46 pm

420 Power Kat
I bet those girls in the RLD could use a good back adjustment? I would be happy to give them a Axxxtw Discount:) Maybe trade for services?? :))))))

[ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: