Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 13 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Help Save The Red Light District
Posted: 2015-03-22, 9:07 pm

KDuck01
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
The latest discussion from city government is using Project 1012 funds to shut down all of the rest of the windows. If they do so that would be a terrible mistake!

Wherever you might be in the world you can at least make your voice heard by signing this petition: https://www.change.org/p/mr-eberhard-va ... dium=email
Re: Help Save The Red Light District
Posted: 2015-03-22, 9:51 pm

Amsterdamaged1
Do you think Amsterdam RLD will ALL close down? like, every single window if the 1012 project takes place? be a bad move imo in terms of money to the city, tourist population, history.
Posted: 2015-03-22, 10:44 pm

grimnul Power Kat
There's no way they'd shut down all the windows. People would riot. They could not possibly be that stupid. It'll never happen. Reduce the number of windows? Yes. Close them all? Not a chance.
Posted: 2015-03-23, 2:11 am

BoneJockeyPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
You guys all overestimate the economic benefits of the RLD. The Dutch are business people. If they can find a better way to make money, you bet your ass the entire sex trade will close down.
Posted: 2015-03-23, 2:40 am

KDuck01
It's been budgeted already by the city. They don't seem to care who they harm. For more information look up the Internet blog of Felicia Anna. She is a sex worker in the RLD, works during the night mostly.
Posted: 2015-03-23, 2:49 am

KDuck01
also if you want more information about the city's plans you can ask Mariska at the PIC (Prostitute Information Center) next to Old Church in the RLD. She knows what is going on in the area as well as anyone having spent worked for a number of years as a sex worker and has run the Prostitute Information Center for many years now. It helps the more people that get involved, sign the petition, talk to Mariska and Felicia Anna. Just find out what's really going on and not depend on city government or misleading media reports.
Posted: 2015-03-23, 3:07 am

KDuck01
If you happen to have a few minutes do read: http://[ link auto-removed due to previous spam here from site owner ].blogsp ... -away.html
Posted: 2015-03-23, 3:28 am

grimnul Power Kat
I read Felicia Anna's blog regularly and I've been doing a lot of research, I'm not seeing anything anywhere that says they plan to close ALL the windows. The only thing I'm seeing is that project 1012 is getting closer to completion, which would mean shutting down all the windows initially slated for shutdown. They're still planning on keeping the whole OZA and surrounding areas open, as far as I can tell, as well as oppening new "window brothels" for sex workers.

It's still not good where things are headed, but it's certainly not all doom and gloom.

I did sign the petition a while back before it was closed, but it only has about 200 signatures. It's not gonna do anything without a major push.
Posted: 2015-03-23, 3:48 am

KDuck01
The city has talked about a token 14 windows or so. If that's not what you want then it's important to speak up. As for the petition it's important to realize it contains signatures from people around the world. Equally as important to realize just how hard it is to get out and collect signatures, particularly since the petition organizer lives thousands of miles away from the Netherlands. Have to start somewhere right? Anyway it's a chance for everyone in the world to voice their opposition to the window closures wherever they may live. The United States has much stricter laws on prostitution so he must be doing something right with the petition?
Posted: 2015-03-23, 11:12 pm

george47 Power Kat
KDuck01 wrote:
The city has talked about a token 14 windows or so.
Please can you give a link to where you read this or send me a PM? I haven't personally seen any plans to significantly deviate from the original Project 1012.
Posted: 2015-03-23, 11:19 pm

grimnul Power Kat
I have t seen that anywhere either.

On Felicia Anna's blog, she states that they are planning on opening 12 new windows as sort of a brothel complex where 50 or so girls would work as a sort of (flimsy) compensation for shutting down all the windows outside of the OZA area. That may be where KDuck is gettin this number from.

From my understanding, that 12 windows is in addition to the windows on OZA, Molensteeg, Oudekennissteeg, Stoofsteeg, etc. that will remain open.
Posted: 2015-03-24, 12:22 am

george47 Power Kat
grimnul wrote:
From my understanding, that 12 windows is in addition to the windows on OZA, Molensteeg, Oudekennissteeg, Stoofsteeg, etc. that will remain open.

Yes, some if not all are in Boomsteeg which were originally closed in 2007/8. In January the rooms were being worked on and I spoke to workmen who confirm they would be windows again.

Attachments
Amsterdam2015boomsteeg1.jpg
Amsterdam2015boomsteeg1.jpg [ 213.83 KiB ]
Posted: 2015-03-25, 9:21 pm

KDuck01
Whichever number you choose to follow it seems like that fellow's petition is a good idea. None of us likes to see windows shut down and replaced by these little shops or whatever the city puts in instead. Amsterdam is of course not the Netherlands, other parts of the country are more conservative when it comes to prostitution and pot use. However to focus solely on prostitution on pot does Amsterdam a great disservice. There is much more to the city than that. Thankfully much of the city was spared bombing during the second world war.
 [ 13 posts ] 

Jump to: