Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 10 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
sign petition to stop closing down windows!
Posted: 2015-04-07, 12:15 am

bt12610
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
https://www.change.org/p/mr-eberhard-va ... g-down-out
Re: sign petition to stop closing down windows!
Posted: 2015-04-07, 8:22 pm

kingconan
Signed.

Amsterdam just wouldn't be the same.
Posted: 2015-04-07, 9:41 pm

siz3up
Are we talking All windows if vote passes?
Posted: 2015-04-07, 10:12 pm

kingconan
I think that is the worry - would be more long term but it's better to nip it in the bud now!
Posted: 2015-04-07, 10:23 pm

siz3up
Yes post this link to all mates and get some signs, Got upcoming trip to amster in june and sep, Fingers cross
Posted: 2015-04-07, 11:45 pm

grimnul Power Kat
Signed and forwarded.

I signed the other petition too, but this one has managed to get nearly 300 signatures in less than a day. Hopefully it'll gain a little more traction than the last one.
Posted: 2015-04-08, 2:01 am

george47 Power Kat
siz3up wrote:
Are we talking All windows if vote passes?

No, not all. It's just a reduction and confining the red light district to a smaller and more manageable area. They are even opening 19 new windows to make up for some of the closures. The RLD had been there for hundreds of years and survived far worse than this.
I suspect they get far bigger partitions to close the area (think of all those man hating lesbians and religious fanatics) than to keep it open so I can't see this making any difference.
Posted: 2015-04-09, 12:56 am

siz3up
Just need 40 more to hit 500 we can do it
Posted: 2015-04-11, 4:18 pm

Amsterdamaged1
Any of you witness these protests?

News: Prostitutes in Amsterdam Protest in Red Light District

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doEHXYyWr8o

&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0o7B40EHxw

&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BrAG7lz1tc Mariska talks
Posted: 2015-04-11, 6:09 pm

grimnul Power Kat
I was there Thursday, but I couldn't stay to see the protests because I was flying home the next day. There were a ton of signs up everywhere, girls had them up in their windows. Talked to Maxx about it a bunch as well.

Feelings are mixed, but it seems like we might be turning a corner. The girls are mad as hell and are actually finally starting to fight back for the first time. The protest was a pretty big deal, it got a ton of coverage, and a lot of girls were involved. There was also a petition handed to the mayor signed by over 400 of the girls basically saying that all the claims of trafficking and abuse that the government is so fond of throwing around are bullshit. There's finally some real momentum going.

Also worth noting, Amsterdam has a new city council that does not support 1012. They've actually taken away the Mayor's budget for 1012 so he's basically out of money to buy windows unless he can find private investors which has evidently not been going well (probably due to the fact that all the little stores they've been trying to open in old windows keep going out of business).

The new Union, PROUD Netherlands seems to have a lot of support from the girls, unlike the old Union which was basically a political tool for the government. The girls are a lot more knowledgeable about what's been going on in De Wallen than they've ever been and have a network now to get information.

Public opinion very much seems to have turned against 1012 as well, even a lot of the conservatives who aren't in favor of prostitution see 1012 as a massive waste of taxpayer money.

I am cautiously optimistic.
 [ 10 posts ] 

Jump to: