Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Kamers used to be here?
Posted: 2015-04-11, 4:27 pm

Amsterdamaged1
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Where the café is at the start of this video, was there kamers here? it's just I was talking with a few I know, who got back from Amsterdam and they mentioned where Asian Jenny was on the corner that's now a café? and here I have just realised that there is possibly the bridge and the pathway, as to where Jenny was when she worked?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doEHXYyWr8o
Re: Kamers used to be here?
Posted: 2015-04-12, 1:22 pm

Carice Liefde Power Kat
Hi,
Jenny used to workd in Stoofsteeg indeed.
greenie, if you watched the video, did you notice the blonde girl officie with ponytail at 0'53's ?
:- )
Posted: 2015-04-22, 3:57 am

fizzersix
those are some really cool pics..I used to visit the Dam in the mid to late 80's, then skipped for 20+ years..I know stuff has changed but family tells me it hasn't, windows are still the same from the 80's..bullshit i call it..
seeing these calls them out on it..it's shocking how it was about 50 guilders ($25 for us yanks) back then, and has only really doubled over a 20+ years...hell, in the states, it takes $40 to get in the door at a parlor and then another $100 for full service....ah,i regress...cool pics man!
Posted: 2015-04-25, 3:31 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Carice,

I knew Cafe de Stoof was relatively new. Your pictures brought back memories of my first trips to the Wallen with my relatives from Hoorn. There were a LOT more windows open, there was a lot less neon, and it seemed like there were more punters and less tourists. The canals were filthy, and stunk in the summer! And that little blue fifty guilder note was the "ticket to ride"! I miss the good old days.

Weasel

Posted: 2015-04-27, 9:22 pm

george47 Power Kat
fizzersix wrote:
those are some really cool pics..I used to visit the Dam in the mid to late 80's, then skipped for 20+ years..I know stuff has changed but family tells me it hasn't, windows are still the same from the 80's..bullshit i call it..
seeing these calls them out on it..it's shocking how it was about 50 guilders ($25 for us yanks) back then, and has only really doubled over a 20+ years...hell, in the states, it takes $40 to get in the door at a parlor and then another $100 for full service....ah,i regress...cool pics man!

It hasn't even doubled. It used to be 50 guilders suck OR fuck and then it changed to 50 Euros suck AND fuck. The 50 guilders was typically for 10 mins and not the 15-20mins considered the norm today. With inflation it's actually cheaper now in real terms for a Dutch citizen or if you ignore exchange rate changes for foreigners.
I think you could walk along the main canal at 9pm and not think anything had changed. It's only when you venture into the Sexyland area that it becomes obvious or when you notice all the sex shops are closing at 10pm!
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: