Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Apartments
Posted: 2015-04-22, 11:02 pm

drizzle
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
We've had a lot of luck renting apartments in the past, but none of our faves are available for the next trip. Can anybody recommend any gems? Smoking friendly ideally, balcony would be fine.
Re: Apartments
Posted: 2015-04-23, 10:38 pm

essexlad Power Kat
Have you try https://www.airbnb.co.uk/

I been looking about on there found a few deals for myself .
Posted: 2015-04-23, 11:19 pm

retro Power Kat
I've stopped in the Amsterdam Den Apartment overlooking Nieuwmarkt Square which was a good price for the area and you can also smoke weed in it. The poeple who own it have a few places around the city.

You can find it on this site http://www.amsterdamstay.com
Posted: 2015-04-24, 12:01 am

drizzle
Nice one guys. Hadn't heard of AmsterdamStay before, there are some good looking places on ther.
Cheers
Posted: 2015-04-24, 2:53 pm

drizzle
Update:
Found a great looking place on airbnb, made a reservation but got fucked off with their ridiculous verification procedure - they wanted a copy of my passport, a photo, a video and a link to an up to date social media account. Because I had already given them my card details and really like the look of the place I went along with it, but they still weren't happy so I cancelled. Did some digging and they have some really bad feedback concerning data on trustpilot etc.

Amsterdamstay have some great places, and their rep on trustpilot is better, unfortunately none of the ones we wanted were free on our dates.

In the end we've made a reservation for a nice looking place in the Jordaan through CityMundo, e800 for seven nights. Fingers crossed.
Posted: 2015-04-25, 3:15 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I've stayed at AmsterdamChoice.com for 2-3 trips a year over the last decade.
Three different sized apartments in the same building in the Jordaan a block from the Westkerk.
Smoker friendly, and the big apartment has an outdoor deck, but no balcony.

Weasel

Posted: 2015-04-25, 3:53 pm

retro Power Kat
Weasel

Are those Apartments self contained or do you share kitchen/living area/bathroom with other tenants?
Posted: 2015-04-26, 6:08 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Retro,

They are completely self contained. Well equiped kitchen in each. Smoker friendly.
Floor 0 is a store
FLoor 1 is a big apartment with a deck out back, and a full bedroom downstairs, away from the rest of the apartment. I think it is listed as the AmsterdamMansionette.
Floor 2 is a 1 bedroom apartment, with a couple of foldout beds in the livingroom. AmsterdamChoice
Floor 3 is the owner
Floor 4 is a studio, with a full bed and a single in the main area, and a ladder up to a sleeping loft above the bathroom. AmsterdamStudio
I haven't stayed anywhere else in at least 10 years. I used to get the houseboat at the Acacia, but it is long gone. I've stayed in the VIctoria and the Krasnapolsky, but the apartment is much better. It is a little bit of a walk to the wallen, but just a short trip to Amnesia, Grey Area, and the Singel. I rent a bike, so nothing is out of range.

Weasel

Posted: 2015-04-26, 4:34 pm

retro Power Kat
Thanks Weasel. I'll keep this place in mind for a future trip.
 [ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: