Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 14 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Cafe Jansteen Re-opens
Posted: 2015-05-16, 11:40 pm

retro Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I spent a couple of hours over at De Pijp district on Friday and was pleased to see Cafe Jansteen re-open, but its now called Cannibale royale. It was a nice sunny day so spent an hour sat outside.
It looked similar inside to what it did before, but they now sell food too and they've put a door on the toilet cubicle, so your not having to take a dump in front of everyone.
Thought the re-opening would be of interest to some poeple on the board
Re: Cafe Jansteen Re-opens
Posted: 2015-05-17, 12:32 pm

Humbledmike
Forgive my lack of info about de pijp, but what is the best way of getting to the rld there? Im happy to walk. From central dam but i want to know which landmarks i need to look out for.

Also, are there any decent coffee shops nearby?
Posted: 2015-05-17, 12:45 pm

Carice Liefde Power Kat
Humbledmike wrote:
Forgive my lack of info about de pijp, but what is the best way of getting to the rld there? Im happy to walk. From central dam but i want to know which landmarks i need to look out for.

Also, are there any decent coffee shops nearby?

Do you like to walk a bit, but considering it as pretty fair walking distance from centraal station ?
If you like to take your time you can be there in 45 minutes
If you walk faster, then in 25-30 it's possible.

I do take Zeedijk, then go to Rembrandtplein, then go straight away till I arrive to Utrechtsestraat and Prinsengracht, then again straight away, as Albert Cuyp market is very close

A few minutes and then you are in Ferdinandstraat and the rld.
Posted: 2015-05-17, 12:51 pm

Humbledmike
A half hour swift walk sounds reasonable =) especially if theres a nice prize at the end of it. What tram do i nees to get if im feeling lazy?

So im looking for ferdinandstraat by the sounds of it.
Posted: 2015-05-17, 2:29 pm

Carice Liefde Power Kat
Humbledmike wrote:
A half hour swift walk sounds reasonable =) especially if theres a nice prize at the end of it. What tram do i nees to get if im feeling lazy?

Ferdinand Bolstraat is the name of the street
But the better it to go Van Gogh Museum and follow Ruysdaelkade, street this is where windows are (on Ruysdaelkade)
De Pjip RLD is very small compared to the main one.
Posted: 2015-05-17, 3:17 pm

Humbledmike
Ruysdelkade it is then! =)
how far down that street is it? I only ask as it looks really long!
Any coffeshops down there?
Posted: 2015-05-17, 3:47 pm

lilji
Humbledmike wrote:

If I remember correctly it's either 16 or 24. There's a stop close to the RLD but I often just get off at Albert Cuypressmarket and walk up.
Posted: 2015-05-17, 4:05 pm

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Retro,

This is great news! I was so sad to see Jan Steeg boarded up.
I love to sit outside on the corner in the sunshine there.
The tram I have used is #16, but I think there are several choices .
Ruysdaelkade is on the east side of the canal just to the east of the Rijksmuseum, so if you can get to the museums, it is an easy jump over.
About 50 windows, usually about half filled daytime, a little busier at night.
There is a coffeeshop, the old Kabuter, now a Stones Cafe, right on Ruysdaelkade a few doors north of Jan Steeg. Three blocks east, half a block south of Albert Cuyp, is Katsu, a legendary (in my mind) coffeeshop that is worth a trip all by itself. It is a locals joint, but very comfortable and friendly. It has been around for years, and has a great reputation for gear, despite selling everything pre-packaged. If you like the powerful Nederhasj style, they have one of the best, the old crystal clear sheets now sold as "Ice". Expensive, but incredibly potent.
Enjoy

Weasel

P.S. I assume you did more than just sit in the sunshine in the Pijp. What else were you up to?

Posted: 2015-05-17, 4:08 pm

withnail Power Kat
Take tram 16 or 24 to Albert Cuypstraat. When you exit the tram, cross the street and walk to your right. On the next corner you will find Hotel Sir Albert. Turn left there, et voila!

There is a coffeeshop right there at the end of the strip of windows, Stone's Cafe. An OK shop, though in my opinion you would be better served visiting Katsu or Club Media, both a stones throw away...
Posted: 2015-05-17, 4:46 pm

bobx
Katsu, Club Media are both great, don't forgot De Graal, which is also great and the closest to the RLD, but on weekdays it's only open from 18:00, due to the dumb ass 250 meter school rule.
Posted: 2015-05-17, 9:14 pm

retro Power Kat
I've walk in the past, it took me about 30 minutes, but I get the tram now which is a lot easier.

Quote:
This is great news! I was so sad to see Jan Steeg boarded up.
I love to sit outside on the corner in the sunshine there.

Weasel.

I thought you might be happy to here it had re opened. It was nice sitting in the sun with a beer. The staff seem nice enough too.

Quote:
P.S. I assume you did more than just sit in the sunshine in the Pijp. What else were you up to?

Haha, I was also making my mind up of which of the lovely ladies to see. I ended up seeing Mila, I had an extra in mind that I thought she might provide, she did ;-)
Review to follow.

I got the impression she was in to some kinky stuff looking at all the implements of torture she had hanging around :-)
She might be right up your street after reading your reports of kink.;-)
Posted: 2015-05-17, 11:26 pm

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I forgot about de Graal.
I havn't been there in years, it was not open the last few times I went by. I never occured to me they would be closed days, but the too close to school rule explains it. I guess they don't want the little boogers to turn into stoner freaks, but I just don't see this as a tactic that will have any effect.
Toys?
I love to browse through a good toy collection. I prefer to be on the giving end of my kink, but I have been know to trade favors. It will be hard to get past Sammy, with the two of them sharing the window. I wonder if they play nicely together?
head filling with ideas for the next trip...

Weasel

Posted: 2015-05-18, 6:33 pm

retro Power Kat
Quote:
Toys?
I love to browse through a good toy collection. I prefer to be on the giving end of my kink, but I have been know to trade favors. It will be hard to get past Sammy, with the two of them sharing the window. I wonder if they play nicely together?
head filling with ideas for the next trip...

Toys, chains, leather outfits, whips, it looked like she bought the whole shop :-)
She was trying to whip me as I was getting dressed!

I think Sammy works in the window above hers or above the one to the right.
Posted: 2015-05-18, 7:32 pm

withnail Power Kat
I hadn't forgotten about De Graal, but it's my opinion that the others are better. De Graal used to have a smaller menu but better prices. Last couple of times I passed by they seemed to have opted for a much broader menu, filled with the latest boutique strains, at centrum prices. I'm sure the vibe there is still nice but as somebody else has pointed out, they are a victim of the schools ruling and therefore restricted in their opening hours. No such hard luck for Katsu or Media, fortunately for them.
 [ 14 posts ] 

Jump to: