Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
How does Singal compare to De Wallen?
Posted: 2015-05-17, 2:55 pm

Amsterdamaged1
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Thoughts? thanks.
Re: How does Singal compare to De Wallen?
Posted: 2015-05-17, 3:44 pm

lilji
In terms of appearance, the Singel is much smaller and doesn't have the glitz and glam like De Wallen. There's not that much tourists in Singel and the main street (Oude Nieuwstraat) can be completely dead at times. I've always find the prices to be same (50 Euro start) but that you might be able to get more for your money or have a less rushed session in Singel than in De Wallen (tho that's definitely not exclusive). The two are so close to one another anyway that you might as well check out both.
Posted: 2015-05-17, 4:20 pm

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Generally more relaxed.
Older girls, although you do see some young hotties on Spuistraat.
Lots of girls here have a following of regulars, for good reason.
Many, many more extras are available if you are sly enough to ask.
Some girls don't like the crowds and tourists in the Wallen, and migrate to Singel.
I don't think I have ever had a rip-off there--be sure to do a good interview at 22-24 Spui, there have been some dishonest Russians there on occasion.
I liked it better when Anyday was open, and Bergstraat still had windows, but it is still very worthwhile.
Amnesia and Grey Area aren't far away, and there is a greasy Kabob diner at the south end of Oudeniewestraat that is open very late if you get hungry on the way home.

Weasel

Posted: 2015-05-17, 4:42 pm

bobx
For me, it's way better then De Wallen is now after all the changes, less crowded, no groups of tourists on a tour, on average the level of service is better too.
De Pijp is even better IMO, I much prefer that area than central, less touristy, less crowded, much nicer all around.
To be honest, for my last few trips, I didn't even go to De Wallen at all and other than a few visits to my regulars in the Singel, barely spent any time in central.
De Pijp, the West and Jordan are all so much nicer IMO.
Posted: 2015-05-17, 11:03 pm

Amsterdamaged1
Thank you very much, for your positive & informative responses, Micerz. Much appreciated.
Posted: 2015-05-17, 11:40 pm

george47 Power Kat
Very few attractive girls and hardly worth bothering with. Main area is a million times better.
Posted: 2015-05-18, 12:20 am

Amsterdamaged1
george47 wrote:
Very few attractive girls and hardly worth bothering with. Main area is a million times better.

lol, I've never been Singal, I will check it out. your maps, was a great help, by the way, cheers.
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: