Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Admins/mods ever considered a Hotel Review section?
Posted: 2015-05-17, 11:20 pm

Amsterdamaged1
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hello,

as title, suggests above ^^ have you ever considered the possibility of a Hotel review section? you have, Girls, Weed, trip reports? (I guess hotel reviews are covered in trip reports section.) but, it's a real head's up, booking accommodation in any city, especially Amsterdam.

It would give Micerz and fellow members a good and more honest review of Hotels in Amsterdam. some of the reviews you see online, can't really be trusted so much from joe's, but from Micerz, I think you would read a more ''honest'' review, honest being the keyword here lol.

Just a thought, as preparing for my next stint and I couldn't help, but wonder, why Ignatzmice, has girl reviews, weed reviews, but no Hotel reviews section? I have used the search function and read a fair amount of hotel reviews and I'd probably take more lenience into a Micer review of a hotel, other then Paulo from Egypt, who thumbs downed the hotel, because he didn't like the curtains lol.

Perhaps? even a Hotel thread rather than it's own section?

This forum is a real heads up for many things about the city and other cities as well, might I add, some of the hotel reviews are really good and informative to read. helped me choose my accommodation today actually, so thanks on that behalf.
Re: Admins/mods ever considered a Hotel Review section?
Posted: 2015-05-18, 12:25 am

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Yes, I think this is a good idea! It has been considered in past and I suppose the only reason it's not been done yet is just the matter of figuring out where to put it. I suppose, to make the information easy to find, a separate forum with individual threads (as opposed to one sticky thread) would make sense. It could be a subforum in "Amsterdam" for example. Or we could put it elsewhere. I'm not sure what's better. Need to think about it a little bit (later... it's late here.) Maybe it could start as just a sticky thread (like we have for bars/pubs) and then evolve from there if there's enough interest/traffic. I just want to make the information easy to find but without cluttering things or creating confusion as to where to post something. If you or anyone else have thoughts on this, let us know. Thanks!

Posted: 2015-05-18, 3:26 pm

Amsterdamaged1
BlutoBlutarsky wrote:
Yes, I think this is a good idea! It has been considered in past and I suppose the only reason it's not been done yet is just the matter of figuring out where to put it. I suppose, to make the information easy to find, a separate forum with individual threads (as opposed to one sticky thread) would make sense. It could be a subforum in "Amsterdam" for example. Or we could put it elsewhere. I'm not sure what's better. Need to think about it a little bit (later... it's late here.) Maybe it could start as just a sticky thread (like we have for bars/pubs) and then evolve from there if there's enough interest/traffic. I just want to make the information easy to find but without cluttering things or creating confusion as to where to post something. If you or anyone else have thoughts on this, let us know. Thanks!

Me too.

I'm glad you think so, I personally think, just another tab next to The Girls & Weed section, as ''Hotels'' would be perfect in my opinion. you could even include, perhaps a star rating? or, as you've suggested a subforum in Amsterdam. I think another tab across the column, would be great though, ideally if it was possible.

Yes, that wouldn't be a bad idea, as a sticky either. It would be a good move for the forum, I'd think? as, I said previously, I reserved my hotel of researching about, but ultimately it was reviews of fellow Micerz, that led me to decide ultimately.

I picture something laid out similar to ''The Girls'' section, like hotels listed at different locations, you search one area and lists of hotels are shown in that spot, with feedback/reports.

Thanks
Posted: 2015-05-18, 4:25 pm

kingconan
This is actually a pretty good idea... A mongering tripadvisor!
Posted: 2015-05-18, 6:57 pm

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Great idea !!
reporting on facilities/location etc
regards

[ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: