Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 13 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Getting to Ruysdaelkade, De Pjip
Posted: 2015-06-18, 9:13 pm

smurf
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I've never been to De Pjip before, my visits to Amsterdam in recent years have been no more than a few hours, so not really a trip- this coming week I will have more time whole afternoon and evening so would like to have a look at this smaller RLD and the general area.

Can someone please give me some guidance on how to get to Ruysdaelkade?

From searching here I think it's tram 16 or 24 from central station (which is where I will get the tram from), anyone know which stop I need to get off at and how many stops it is? Is one of the two numbers a better option than the other...

I'm rubbish with directions and don't want to get lost as I don't have that long. I think I recall reading one of the trams virtually stops on Ruysdaelkade itself, and the other number you have to walk back, over a bridge, close to a market or something similar?

Thanks in advance for any help...
Re: Getting to Ruysdaelkade, De Pjip
Posted: 2015-06-19, 12:51 am

george47 Power Kat
Get your bearings with Google maps and walk it. It's not that far and lots to see along the way.
Posted: 2015-06-19, 1:24 am

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
George is right. It seems long the first time you walk it, but it's not really all that far. Probably 45 min to an hour though

But trams 16 and 24 are your friends. Both stop on Albert Cuypstraat. From there is is a very short walk to Ruysdaelkade. You can pay when you board the trams, but it's cheaper if you buy a card at the train station

the dogs
Posted: 2015-06-19, 6:39 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
If you don't want to walk (I *never* do) take a look at the map linked below. Zoom in on Amsterdam, and then zoom in on the pin that is furthest from Central Station.

Zoom in on the pin until the streets are about an inch apart. Above the pin you will see little tram icons. Those are the stops for 16/24. They are right above the pin. (Ignore the others).

Note above at about one o'clock. There is a circular road structure right across the canal from the "Heineken Experience". It will have a pillar like structure and you will go past it on the tram, and then cross the canal. That will be your cue that you are getting close. You will continue south, then turn to the west. If you cross another canal jump out at the next stop. You will be on the other side of Ruysdaelkade, and by backtracking a bit you will be right there. Just read this text while looking at the map and it will all be clear.

Posted: 2015-06-20, 5:39 pm

glasgowguy_69
Only been there once myself, stumbled across it by accident after exploring the city one Saturday afternoon on foot. Headed from Centraal Station up towards Liedlesplein and continued to walk. Not long later there were girls in front of my eyes!

It's a nice walk and lets you see some of the city, although f you are pushed for time then a tram might be your better option.

Posted: 2015-06-21, 2:02 pm

smurf
Thanks for the replies, looking forward to seeing De Pjip will make a nice chang..I will definitely be using the tram.

I love walking, but will not be staying the night in Amsterdam so 45-60 min walk each way will be a bit much, especially considering I would like to see a girl in the main RLD as well if possible and also have dinner at some point!

Neurosynth- thanks for the map links but for some reason it isn't working for me, when I click the little pins it doesn't show me streetviews or tram stops.

Anyone know how many stops from central station till Albert Cuypstraat (is that the closest tram stop)?

I am thinking it's not a great distance so not more than 4 at most...

Will report back in the girls section on who I see next week, hoping for at least one memorable encounter..
Posted: 2015-06-21, 5:37 pm

george47 Power Kat
smurf wrote:
Neurosynth- thanks for the map links but for some reason it isn't working for me, when I click the little pins it doesn't show me streetviews or tram stops. .

I think Neurosynth's maps have fallen foul of never ending unnecessary changes by Google so I have included this information for you-

Street view- https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.35462 ... 56!6m1!1e1

Tram- http://9292.nl/en/journeyadvice/station ... 7-24T1230#

Attachments
tram.JPG
tram.JPG [ 58.85 KiB ]
Posted: 2015-06-21, 7:29 pm

smurf
Thanks a lot George, that's really helpful...even I can't manage to get lost with such a detailed guide :)
Posted: 2015-06-21, 8:21 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Yeah, the links are messed up thanks to forced changes by Google.

But if you just use the zoom control and zoom in the little tram stop icons will appear. You just have to zoom in to see them.

Posted: 2015-06-24, 6:51 am

smurf
One final questions- are the two last stops Albert Cuypstraat and Ruysdelstraat actually one and the same? The reason I ask is that the table lists the tram as arriving at both at exactly the same time.

So it could be 7 or 8 stops, since it's the same time of arrival at both, or is the 8th one Ruydelstraat the correct one that's on Ruysdaelkade?
Posted: 2015-06-24, 5:36 pm

george47 Power Kat
smurf wrote:
One final questions- are the two last stops Albert Cuypstraat and Ruysdelstraat actually one and the same? The reason I ask is that the table lists the tram as arriving at both at exactly the same time.

So it could be 7 or 8 stops, since it's the same time of arrival at both, or is the 8th one Ruydelstraat the correct one that's on Ruysdaelkade?

I don't think so but the modern trams have screens and a voice telling you every stop. You really can't go wrong.
Posted: 2015-06-25, 4:55 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
The stops are different, but only a few blocks and less than a minute apart.
If you can get to the Rijksmuseum, you are most of the way there.
Ruysdaelkade is the street on the east side of the canal directly east of the museum.
Windows start about two blocks south of the museum.
Great neighbohood. I hope you find the trip worth it.
I always do!

Weasel

Posted: 2015-06-26, 6:02 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
But the tram goes nearest to Ruysdaelkade *before* it gets to the Rijksmuseum. So if you get to the Rijksmuseum you have actually gone too far and have to double back on foot.

[ 13 posts ] 

Jump to: