Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Hotels and amsterdam at xmas
Posted: 2015-08-13, 3:09 pm

pancake
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi the mrs and I have booked flights for a couple of days back in amsterdam in between Xmas and new year . We always stay within roughly a ten minute walk max of centraal station. Can anyone offer any advice on booking a hotel . Are we best waiting and booking nearer the time . Rates are quite low at moment ,in general this is one of the cheapest times to book a room in the hotel trade. I've bidded 99 dollars a night so far 5 star but been declined . Is the city a lot quieter in between Xmas and new year.

The to do list.

Van Gogh museum
Peep show (always worth a few euros ) is it still open ????
Will the Albert cuyp market be open on the 26 th
Sameplace. Cpls night 27 th . Anyone been cpls night
La salon . How many booths and what's the layout of the place.
Best place for Chinese massage

Many thanks in advance
Re: Hotels and amsterdam at xmas
Posted: 2015-08-13, 6:36 pm

Carice Liefde Power Kat
Hi,

pancake wrote:
Hi the mrs and I have booked flights for a couple of days back in amsterdam in between Xmas and new year . We always stay within roughly a ten minute walk max of centraal station. Can anyone offer any advice on booking a hotel . Are we best waiting and booking nearer the time .

Book now. Prices will raise at the end of October till late November and rooms will become rarer at that time. You could miss a nice room if waiting too long. The earlier you do the better it is.
Xmas time is not as crazy as a Kingsday can be, but it's not dead either, and many girls can be spotted in the RLDs.

Quote:
Is the city a lot quieter in between Xmas and new year.

For having been there twice during a week between Xmas and New Year's Eve, it has been quite animated the first time and a little bit less the second one.

Quote:
Peep show (always worth a few euros ) is it still open ????

Is it.

Quote:
Will the Albert cuyp market be open on the 26 th

Not sure. It will be on a Saturday. Market is closed on Sunday. It might be closed because of that.

Quote:
Best place for Chinese massage

You might find plenty information by doing a research with "Massage" and read the recent posts about it.
Posted: 2015-08-25, 3:14 am

george47 Power Kat
Book with someone like Booking.com and use the free cancellation option. This way you can rebook some where else if a better option emerges. I'd be surprised if you get a 5 star hotel for anything close to what you're bidding.
Posted: 2015-08-25, 6:49 am

davey1800Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I've booked a 4* hotel on Priceline's NYOP for 24/12/15 - 28/12/15 for £60 ($95) per night. That was a few months ago. The hotel I got was NH Caransa on Rembrandtplein, which is what I got last Christmas for £52 per night.

I'm not sure you'd get a 5* in the good area for $100 or so tbh. Christmas is cheap, but as the new week starts more and more people will be heading to Amsterdam for the New Year festivities... hence the hotel prices shoot back up.

I'd suggest trying a 4* in your specified areas (zones 6, 11 and 15 on the Priceline map) at the price you've been trying.
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: