Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Request for advice - Licensing of independent working girls
Posted: 2015-09-14, 3:10 am

TheTourist00
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I have read a few guides before going to Amsterdam (I'll be there soon) and it seems the current Dutch law requires you to ask to see an independent working girl's licence (or registration card, I believe) before you spend time with her. If you don't, you'll get in trouble with the authorities. Is this true? Does anyone have any experience of this new rule being enforced?

Hope to hear from you. Please let me know. Thanks. :-)
Re: Request for advice - Licensing of independent working girls
Posted: 2015-09-14, 6:29 am

Stratosphere
TheTourist00 wrote:
I have read a few guides before going to Amsterdam (I'll be there soon) and it seems the current Dutch law requires you to ask to see an independent working girl's licence (or registration card, I believe) before you spend time with her. If you don't, you'll get in trouble with the authorities. Is this true? Does anyone have any experience of this new rule being enforced?

Hope to hear from you. Please let me know. Thanks. :-)

Interesting. Never heard of it.

Maybe some locals here know.
Posted: 2015-09-14, 1:41 pm

TheTourist00
OK, thanks!
Posted: 2015-09-14, 5:34 pm

grimnul Power Kat
I think there was a law that was proposed or may have even been passed where essentially, if you use the services of a girl you know or suspect to be a victim of human trafficking, you can be arrested. Seems like this would be a sort of kneejerk response to that law by people who don't really understand it. Asking for a license wouldn't help as girls who are trafficked generally have licenses as well. I believe you are required to have one to work in the windows, and the rental offices are quite strict about that sort of thing, because if they're not, they risk having their license taken away and having their windows shut down.
Posted: 2015-09-14, 9:05 pm

TheTourist00
OK, thanks. But what about punters/people who go see the girls. Do they need to ask to see the licence?
Posted: 2015-09-14, 10:17 pm

grimnul Power Kat
Not as far as I know. Like I said, asking to see a girl's license wouldn't help in regard to that law anyway, because trafficked girls would have licenses too. Never heard of anyone getting in trouble for not asking to see a girl's license, I've never done that myself. Unless it's a very recent thing (ie. within the past couple months), it sounds like bullshit to me.
Posted: 2015-09-15, 12:12 am

TheTourist00
Thank you, that's reassuring and answers my question. Thanks. Much appreciated.
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: