Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Hotel help!
Posted: 2015-10-27, 7:23 pm

amdam2016
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi! I will be visiting the Amsterdam Zuid area this summer. I'm hoping to get a hotel closer to the action, meaning I'll have to tram/bus it over each day to Amsterdam Zuid. So my options of where to stay are pretty open (budget of around 200$/night, needs to be a hotel). Would folks recommend staying in De Wallen? De Pijp? Elsewhere? Public transport doesn't seem terribly different in terms of difficulty or time for either of those two places, and it looks like if I were in De Pijp I wouldn't really be in comfortable walking distance to Amsterdam Zuid. Recommendations for general areas, specific hotels, etc would be much appreciated!
Re: Hotel help!
Posted: 2015-10-27, 7:57 pm

Lucas3
I always stay at the Grand Amrath Hotel. It is very close to all the action but it faces a quite canal. It has very nice concierge and great bar food!
Posted: 2015-10-28, 10:45 am

elgonzoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Go to booking.com type in Amsterdam Zuid , there are plenty of hotels.

Posted: 2015-10-28, 1:29 pm

grimnul Power Kat
The Amrath is my hotel every trip as well. Nice and quiet, 7-8 minute walk to De Wallen, nice rooms, helpful staff, plus the minibar in your room is free. It also seems to be fairly consistently cheaper than other hotels in its range.
Posted: 2015-10-28, 5:03 pm

amdam2016
Thanks guys! Grand Amrath may be a little over my budget (around 200 USD/night). Any other suggestions? (elgonzo - I'm not looking to stay in Amsterdam Zuid).
Posted: 2015-10-28, 7:29 pm

Stratosphere
Went for Amsterdam Tropen hotel for the upcoming xmas holiday. Boy was it cheap. I usually go for Amrath or Doubletree Hilton.

Forgot to say it's close to Ooesterpark. Not far from Nieuwmark then.
Posted: 2015-11-05, 8:23 pm

amdam2016
OK, so I've done a bunch of research and I have it narrowed down to 3, 2 in De Wallen and 1 in De pijp:

1) Sir Albert (De Pijp)

2) Inntel (De Wallen)

3) NH grand krasnapolsky (De Wallen)

I know ultimately I will have to decide whether I want to stay in De Wallen or De Pijp, and thoughts on that are welcome, but does anyone have experience with any of these three hotels who could comment?
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: