Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 36 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: It really feels like RLD is coming to its end: further closures
Posted: 2016-01-22, 12:20 am

Amsterdamaged1
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
slick wrote:
Turquoise - ground floor rooms
Red - rooms that will be closed
Blue - elevated (1st floor) rooms

No way! There going to close all of The Sexyland area! that's going to be a serious loss, where will they then re open (if they do) new windows? I'll be devastated, if this happens, there the best specs of De Wallen, where will all the girls out those kamers then work from? That area is perfect for mongering.
Posted: 2016-01-22, 1:05 am

grimnul Power Kat
Well, again, take it with a grain of salt. Those windows were supposed to be closed from the start, according to 1012. The mayor and/or the council postponed the closure due to all the protests and the like, now they've apparently reversed their decision again. I expect those windows will remain open for at least another year, and in that time, who knows what's going to happen.

They are opening more windows along OZA and Boomsteeg, as well as that "owned by the girls" brothel project (if it ever gets off the ground, there apparently hasn't been a ton of interest from the girls). Overall, the number of windows isn't really decreasing by that much, they're mostly just shifting around.

I do agree that the Sexyland area is best for mongering, though. Usually much less crowded and more low-key than along OZA.

We'll see what happens, I guess.
Posted: 2016-01-22, 2:40 am

dreedea
grimnul wrote:
dreedea wrote:
According to news in the rld maps website, Goldbergsteed and Sint Annenwarsstrat 26-1 and 26-2 are due to close at the end of January. Does anybody know if Greek Anna is still there (Sint Annenwarsstrat 26-1) and if she will relocate?
She was there in October. She told me she is planning to stay in Amsterdam, but she didn't know where yet. I imagine she'll probably wind up moving around a little until she settles into a new permanent room.

Same deal for Desy, who's in the kamer next door during the day.

Thank you. I'll be there in a coulple of weeks and i'll report back.
Posted: 2016-01-22, 9:42 pm

huskytea
Bethlemsteeg 11 is a ground floor room?
Why is it marked first floor?

Also worth noting I went in December for my first time and the area refered to as sexyland was my favourite for walking.
There sexy things to look all over De Wallen but there was something about that area that I loved.
Is the 2 windows in Bethlemsteeg shutting?
Is La Vie En Rose shu tt in?
Posted: 2016-01-23, 12:46 am

rodney
I first visited Amsterdam RLD back in 2004. The place was absolutely buzzing at the time. It was fill of hookers. however I never went to the sexyland /tromp area of the Wallen. I didn't know it was there. So u know I don't think I'll miss that area especially given that the windows are going to be relocated. I can still imagine myself having a great time.
Posted: 2016-01-23, 12:45 pm

Alice Beeblebrox
weasel9x9 wrote:
500 years of hookers in the Wallen is not going to end any time soon.

Weasel

+1
Posted: 2016-01-24, 11:15 am

Shinken69 Power Kat
huskytea wrote:
Bethlemsteeg 11 is a ground floor room?
Why is it marked first floor?

The door is ground floor, but the room is first floor.

Posted: 2016-02-07, 10:43 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Things change, but the Netherlands and especially Amsterdam is still the only place in Europe where you can (1) do all the usual tourist things (2) get laid at a reasonable price off the street and (3) walk into an establishment off the street and get ripped on weed.

It's *not* the best place to go if your primary goal is commercial sex. The options in Germany are better.

But if you want all 3, or even just (2) and (3), Amsterdam and other NL towns still win.

Posted: 2016-02-08, 1:44 am

grimnul Power Kat
neurosynth wrote:
Things change, but the Netherlands and especially Amsterdam is still the only place in Europe where you can (1) do all the usual tourist things (2) get laid at a reasonable price off the street and (3) walk into an establishment off the street and get ripped on weed.

It's *not* the best place to go if your primary goal is commercial sex. The options in Germany are better.

But if you want all 3, or even just (2) and (3), Amsterdam and other NL towns still win.
See, this is the thing for me. I don't want to go somewhere and have to either stay in a seedy hotel near the RLD or have to travel far from my hotel to get there. I don't want to be in a city where there is literally nothing else to do but visit prostitutes. I want to go on vacation to a nice city full of cool people, and be able to still see sex workers whenever I want. I don't drive, so anywhere that requires significant travel is not going to be viable for me.

Amsterdam just has that magic ratio. I can stay at a nice hotel in a nice area, and still be within a ten minute walk of the RLD at any given time. I'm not a big smoker, but it's nice to have if I feel like indulging. The layout of the city is just perfectly conducive to my travel style. The money's not as big a concern for me, I'm willing to spend a little more for a good time, and there is definitely still a lot of fun to be had if you're ok with splurging a little.

I doubt any of those things will change. De Wallen will shift around, the configuration will change, but it's always going to be there. Likewise, the "talent" will change, girls will move around and retire, but there will always be at least a decent handful of girls that are worth seeing.
Posted: 2016-02-08, 4:33 am

george47 Power Kat
grimnul wrote:
...but there will always be at least a decent handful of girls that are worth seeing.

I suspect somewhere "out there" right now is another Maxx, another Cookie, another German Kim, another Nina making their plans to start working in Amsterdam. Maybe not tomorrow or next week but they'll come.
Posted: 2016-02-08, 4:44 am

grimnul Power Kat
george47 wrote:
grimnul wrote:
...but there will always be at least a decent handful of girls that are worth seeing.

I suspect somewhere "out there" right now is another Maxx, another Cookie, another German Kim, another Nina making their plans to start working in Amsterdam. Maybe not tomorrow or next week but they'll come.
Exactly. In fact, I'd wager they might already be there, just no one here's found them yet. Desy was basically unknown until pretty recently, and now I, and quite a few others have had a fantastic time with her. If you look at the hookers.nl map, there are quite a few girls that have a 4-5 star (footstep?) rating who no one here seems to know.

One issue with this site is it does sort of create "tunnel vision", if you will. People come here, read about recommended girls, then go out and see them and only them, so we don't get as many reviews for new girls as we perhaps could. Perfectly understandable, of course, a lot of the time, you just want to go for the sure thing, but it does mean that the information on this site can be somewhat deceptive (due to it being incomplete).
Posted: 2016-02-08, 9:54 pm

drizzle
grimnul wrote:
george47 wrote:
grimnul wrote:

One issue with this site is it does sort of create "tunnel vision", if you will. People come here, read about recommended girls, then go out and see them and only them, so we don't get as many reviews for new girls as we perhaps could. Perfectly understandable, of course, a lot of the time, you just want to go for the sure thing, but it does mean that the information on this site can be somewhat deceptive (due to it being incomplete).

Nailed it. See your favourites, but leave a little room for lucky finds.

Also, kind of reminds me of when certain forums were imploding at the prospect of the weed pass. A lot of people thought that would mean the end of weed in Amsterdam (!). Wise heads said wait and see. A few years down the line and it's still going strong. Sure, it's changed, but that's life.
Posted: 2016-02-10, 4:12 am

jeps01
I've been a forum reader and regular visitor to the RLD for a number years, my last visit was in July 2015 and am here in the Dam this week.

I'm sad to report that many more of the Sexyland area windows have now closed since my last visit, La Vie En Rose is still open and populated, Goldbergersteeg has totally closed and there are only 10-12 other windows in active use.

I've spoken with a few girls I know whom used to work in the area, they are saying that it really is closing down and with so few windows open now the customers are far less in the area.

Some have moved to other Kramers, many of the girls have moved around from their usual (as I remember them) locations. There are many regular faces who are just not here.

One provider I spoke with has moved to Molenstegg, she said they are trying to improve the 'cheaper' reputation of this street as the girls find new regular rooms.

Having noted the above the RLD is very much open for business, it's just a changing and changed RLD.
Posted: 2016-02-23, 9:45 pm

george47 Power Kat
Just got back. Fairly typical February set up regarding the number of girls available day and night. There's always plenty of empty windows this time of year so I can't see it making any difference before the summer weekend nights. As stated the girls from the recently closed windows have relocated to other parts of De Wallen and also Singelgebied though they are all clearly pissed off. This means the standard in Singelgebied has improved somewhat and I can see it becoming busier in the future and hopefully more like De Wallen. De Pijp had several pretty girls though none I recognised from De Wallen. This area has been better as well recently though it has been improving for a few years now.

Regarding closures / re-openings-
OZA 27 set to re-open.
Boomsteeg set to re-open.
La Vie en Rose & Bethlemsteeg 11 & 10 to remain.
All the existing windows in Oudekerksplein to remain.
All windows on OZV, OZA, Stoofsteeg, Molensteeg, Oudekennissteeg, Monnikenstraat, Gordijnensteeg, Barndesteeg, Bloedstraat and Gelderskade to remain.

Spoke to Mariska Majoor again and although not happy with the current closures she is in no doubt the area will survive and repeated how they are closing less windows than intended when project 1012 was drawn up.
I personally think some of the decent night time girls will switch to day time to get rooms. The source of the original post states that the girls do not want to work daytime since they can't earn as much. I think this is bullshit and I am sure I am not the only person to have waited for hours to find my favourite daytime girls free. Good girls will earn day or night and always be busy with regulars.
I also think the less popular girls will get "bribed" to give up their rooms. Back in 2012 I heard about this happening already. I just don't think those older, heavier ladies will be there in future years. There's certainly less for example at the top end of OZA. A few years back it was hardly even worth going up there.
Posted: 2016-02-23, 10:43 pm

grimnul Power Kat
I completely agree with the "girls can't make money during the day" thing being bullshit. My top 3 girls all work during the day (though, to be fair, Simona does start later in the afternoon and works at night as well). Desy told me she used to work at night and greatly prefers working during the day. She told me she actually makes more money now, because at night, it gets so crowded that often people don't want to go into a kamer because there are so many people around.

I think things'll be fine. I might start having to walk a little farther to go to Singel sometimes, but that's not a huge deal. Extra 5 minutes or so from my hotel. Won't kill me.

I also imagine that a lot of the TS girls will wind up either being pushed out or having to relocate, and girls taking over the windows in those areas. I just can't imagine TS girls being as popular than females, though they certainly seem to have their niche. I just think that as-is, a lot of people are "scared" to go to Bloedstraat, for example, so girls who work on that street don't see too many customers. As window distribution shifts and more girls are working there, I think the TS girls will wind up getting pushed out. Depending on how you see things, that might be a positive or a negative, but I can see it happening. It would be unfortunate if they were pushed out altogether, though, I know there are people who enjoy them and they should be able to work too. That's another wait and see thing, I guess.

This whole thing is gonna be a bit of a shake up, for sure, us Micers are gonna have to be on our game rebuilding the database so we can find people. Outside of that, I don't think this is going to be anywhere near as catastrophic as many people seem to think.
Posted: 2016-02-23, 11:59 pm

drizzle
Good info as usual, thanks. Rumours of death much exaggerated imo.
 [ 36 posts ]  Previous  1, 2

Jump to: