Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 12 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Bravo's Amsterdam Nights
Posted: 2016-01-28, 12:00 am

Amsterdamaged1
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Anybody seen this? or know, where I can buy the series? only seen a few episodes, it's a pretty good watch though. it's showing now at 22:00 on;

Sky Digital Channel - Real Lives 172
Re: Bravo's Amsterdam Nights
Posted: 2016-01-28, 12:08 am

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Yeah, it is pretty cool; I downloaded it a few years ago. I remember the Amsterdam police were pretty funny in one episode when talking about a drunken sailor on shore leave they kept encountering in De Wallen -- "his mind is fucked." hahaha. Not sure where you can buy it but I see at least some of the 12 episodes still seem to be reasonably well seeded if you search on extratorrent.cc :-)

Posted: 2016-01-28, 2:01 am

Matty
Yeah 12 episodes in total. Really good watch. Downloaded all of them about 6/7 years ago now. I don't think Amsterdam Nights can be found on DVD anywhere. :(

Posted: 2016-01-28, 2:41 am

Amsterdamaged1
BlutoBlutarsky wrote:
Yeah, it is pretty cool; I downloaded it a few years ago. I remember the Amsterdam police were pretty funny in one episode when talking about a drunken sailor on shore leave they kept encountering in De Wallen -- "his mind is fucked." hahaha. Not sure where you can buy it but I see at least some of the 12 episodes still seem to be reasonably well seeded if you search on extratorrent.cc :-)

Yeah, it sure is. :)

I'm positive, I've seen that one, I've watched quiet a few episodes, I haven't seen them all, as of yet unfortunately. They should bring it back and do more or something a like, it's interesting & a really good watch. I've just watched episodes 9&10 a Brit junkie (Eddie) ''Most junkies. that I know are very intelligent people.'' he then goes on to say ''If, were so bloody smart, why are we doing this.'' made me chuckle. a side, it's got me excited and I think, I need to book another trip, hopefully this time, I'll explore more e.g Den Haag etc.
Posted: 2016-01-28, 7:06 pm

elgonzoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
There were 14 episodes , unfortunately the series is not on dvd .

http://www.locatetv.com/tv/amsterdam-nights/38906

Posted: 2016-01-28, 8:28 pm

berkshiretyman
I loved this series.. it was shown on one of the less obvious British satellite channels just before my first trip a few years ago..
the featured police were very funny.. I remember them saying that they had been called to a window where a drunk tourist was standing in the street and "waving with his willy" hahahah
Posted: 2016-01-28, 8:49 pm

Liam1975
BlutoBlutarsky wrote:

Thanks for this. Grabbing them now :)
Posted: 2016-02-01, 6:17 pm

Amsterdamaged1
BlutoBlutarsky wrote:

I watched this exact episode last night, I'm sure it was the last of the series, their was a guy, who went into a he/she kamer and the guards had to intervene and the guy, that fell asleep in the other kamer, was a very funny episode.
Posted: 2016-02-02, 8:25 pm

glasgowguy_69
Think over the years i have seen every episode at some stage or another. Some episodes are much better than others but overall it's a good watch. The only thing that gets to me about it is that the narrator is forever harping on about Amsterdam being some dangerous & dodgy city. It's no worse than many other cities and i've personally never had any trouble there. I realised they have to dramatise it and exaggerate as it's tv but i still feel its OTT at times.

Posted: 2016-02-22, 5:40 pm

Amsterdamaged1
glasgowguy_69 wrote:
Think over the years i have seen every episode at some stage or another. Some episodes are much better than others but overall it's a good watch. The only thing that gets to me about it is that the narrator is forever harping on about Amsterdam being some dangerous & dodgy city. It's no worse than many other cities and i've personally never had any trouble there. I realised they have to dramatise it and exaggerate as it's tv but i still feel its OTT at times.

I totally agree with you on this, it's far from it and actually 1 of the most friendly cities, I've visited.
Posted: 2016-02-22, 5:42 pm

Amsterdamaged1
Thought, I would update this, it has started showing again, 3 episodes are on tonight from 10pm on Real Lives channel 172
Posted: 2016-02-22, 8:24 pm

Matty
Cheers for the heads up on that Amsterdamaged1. Unfortunately I only have Freeview. :(

[ 12 posts ] 

Jump to: