Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 1 post ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
More good times in The 'Dam
Posted: 2005-08-10, 12:18 am

hedgehog
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Been back to Amsterdam for two nights/three days as July turned to August.
On the way to the airport I realised I'd left my trusty umbrella at home, so when I picked my mate up I grabbed a folding brolly. That useless fucker (the umbrella, not my mate) was never going to give a robber second thoughts, plus it turned inside out at the first breath of wind outside Centraal Station!
Hence, we got a little wet strolling around the Singel towards Rembrandtplein, where we stopped at one of the city's many fine Irish pubs for coffee and a snack. The rain fell really heavily for a while as we sheltered under the canopy, but had begun to clear by midday, and was gone for good by late afternoon. My hastily-bought replacement umbrella went mostly unused. I didn't have to poke it in anger towards any threatening persons. And I left it in the hotel when we left. D'oh.
Left our luggage at the Jolly Carlton a couple of hours before we could check-in, and went for a walk. First stop, first visit to De Tweede Kamer. Got two coffees and had a guided tour of the green menu from the tall, friendly guy at the counter. Looking for a sativa, and not being a heavy smoker, I opted for 1g of the recommended Shiva Haze. Took this down to Hill Street Blues on Warmoesstraat for my first smoke. And what a cool smoke. A much more uplifting high than I'm used to, leaving me keen to get out and about. But first we had to check in to the hotel, so up in the room I smoked a couple more spliffs.
Later in the afternoon I wandered up to Siri Massage on Amsteldijk, only to find that they're closed on Sunday. Opening times were posted in the door's little window - Monday to Friday, 11am to 9pm.
Spent the rest of the evening with a beer or two and lots more to smoke. I had to force myself to get into bed at 2am, I was still buzzing away.
Monday morning began with a return to De Tweede Kamer. I explained to the girl at the counter how much I'd enjoyed the Shiva, and asked where I should go next. Ended up with a gramme of NYC Diesel, and that, too, really hit the spot.
At five past eleven I was ringing the bell at Siri, to find two girls working. I was seen by Daow (sp?), who's only been in the massage business for three months. She didn't have the strength or technique of the girl I saw last time, nor the physique, being curvier and smaller-breasted. But the massage was good and the hand work was excellent. She then talked for a bit while rubbing my thigh (interesting), then gave a nice enough foot massage and took me for a shower. An hour well spent, E65 and a tip at the end.
More smoking and wandering about kept me occupied for the rest of the day. Went to see the mighty Fishbone at the Paradiso that night. One of the best gigs I've seen in 24 years, helped not inconsiderably by the many spliffs I'd prepared.
On the last day, I predictably smoked the rest of the weed and looked around again. Out of curiosity I walked by Sabrina's kamer several times over the three days to see what all the fuss was about, but never saw her, or even her light on. Finally convinced myself to visit a kamer, so took myself over to the Singel, as I'm intrigued by the services Belinda on Lijnbaansteeg is said to offer. I'd walked past her kamer a time or two on Monday afternoon with no result, and was equally disappointed this time. No light, and the curtains were shut. So that was the end of that idea.
Had my last spliff at Hill Street Blues at 4.30, and swallowed the last bud. So I had an interesting drive home from the airport that night...
 [ 1 post ] 

Jump to: