Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 14 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
steak house
Posted: 2005-08-22, 6:46 pm

amsterdamfan
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
what is the best steak house in amsterdam ???
Re: steak house
Posted: 2005-08-23, 11:38 am

tw25rw Power Kat
Cafe de Klos in Kerkstraat (I think... near Leidseplein off Heiligeweg)..

Posted: 2005-08-23, 1:49 pm

warbird
Across the street from the Old Man (around the corner from the Krasnapolsky hotel) is one that serves pretty good steaks - it's large and certainly not quaint, but the food is good and it's convenient.. Don't remember the name. I was just thinking about it this morning - I plan to be in A'dam for three weeks Oct/Nov.

Posted: 2005-08-23, 3:59 pm

a9g7dom
Quite by chance I found a good steak place at Restaurant Tango, Warmoestraat 49 (627-2467). One of several self styled "argentinian" steak houses.
Posted: 2005-08-26, 11:41 pm

mjpd
isn't anyone concerned about mad cow disease anymore?
Posted: 2005-08-26, 11:47 pm

freakpa
I hit a steakhouse on the side street next to Krasnapolsky like two years ago. It was one of those Argentinian places. It was expensive and not good at all.

If the steak is really from Argentina, it's probably much safer than the Eurosteaks as far as mad cow is concerned.

But I always thought Mad Cow Disease meant those four days a month you had to boot your wife.
Posted: 2005-08-27, 3:02 am

Wiggy
Buds, get over it!

More chance of catching the shakes off a bottle of coke than gettin croitsvel jackobs disease(guess at spelling)

Drink up, smoke up, eat up, ride up and be happy!!!
Posted: 2005-08-27, 5:08 am

Cuckoo4wahoo
I am curious for the answer to this too.. I have been to several of the Argentinian Steak Houses, and I was not impressed... Especially with the ones near Rembrantplein ...!!

It could be that I am spoiled because I get to Ruth's Chris Steak house several times a year, which has to be the best in the world.. :) But it would be nice to visit a nice steakhouse in Amsterdam when I am there in Dec..
Posted: 2005-08-27, 6:00 am

STPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Most of the locals in Amsterdam (i.e. Dutch people) normally recommend a steakhouse called "Nachtwacht" or something like this, located on Rembrantplein. It is NOT an Argentinian place! It is supposed to be the best steak in town, according to local Amsterdamers.

But what is "best" is always subjective. Take the reference above to Ruth Chris, which is certainly a great steak place in the US, but I would never say "the best in the world." Believe it there are better to be found...

ST
Posted: 2005-08-27, 9:12 am

Michael
I thought the Argentina near the Kras had some pretty good steaks.I have dined there for 6 yrs.Always a pretty good cut, sometimes a little tough tho.
Posted: 2005-08-27, 3:19 pm

JohnnyGuilder
The Die Port Van Cleve has a nice restaurant where they serve their famous numbered steak. I've eaten their twice and the food was very good. I recommend this place
Posted: 2005-08-27, 8:23 pm

christurtle
For a Great Dutch Steak(small steak) for about 15 euros where locals go - Steakhouse Piet de Leeuw. Noorderstraat 11(near Mercure Arthur Frommer Hotel) http://www.diningcity.com/ams/pietdeleeuw/en/index.html
Go early because is small place & fills up quick.
Posted: 2005-08-27, 10:32 pm

BoneJockeyPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
From experience, I can second Brasserie De Poort (Die Poort Van Cleve) and Piet De Leeuw. For a more American style steakhouse experience try Castell BAR-becue on Lijnbaansgracht 252-253-254 just off Leidseplein.
Posted: 2005-08-27, 10:54 pm

amsterdamfan
thanks guys
 [ 14 posts ] 

Jump to: