Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Querry about my life in Amsterdam
Posted: 2005-08-25, 8:40 am

alexis
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hello everybody.I'm Alex,i come from Greece,26years old and recently as i told you in a previous post i traveled to Amsterdam.From the moment i step my foot on the city my heart flutter.I was too curius about the life there and i had just only 7 days.Anyway i got crazy about almost everything in this city,about the dutch culture,the way of their life.It's just what i ever dreamed.When i was a kid i had a dream for a city like this.You know i always wanted a job,a house and when i got up in the morning i wanted to have a coffee near the window observe the view and the people who passing down the street.Amsterdam is exaclty what i want.
Here in Greece i have a job in a factory and i work in the IT Department as a technician.Everything in my life are just perfect,until my trip in Amsterdam.Recently my grandfather died and he left me in his will 30000 euros.So i think very seriously to leave everything here in Greece and moved to Amsterdam for the rest of my life.I know that this is no easy because i speak only english and of course greek.
What you believe?Do i have the opportunity for a successfull stay in Amsterdam with a job of course?Is anything that you can advise me for this really big change in my life?I will find easy a job?This is my biggest nightmare you know,to be unemployed in Amsterdam.
I just want to find any kind of a job and all will be fine.Please help me i want many advices!!
Re: Querry about my life in Amsterdam
Posted: 2005-08-25, 3:18 pm

Roland Power Kat
Hi Alexis, There are lots of Greek people in Amsterdam. As long as you are a EU citizen you should not have much of a problem. Almost all Dutch people speak English. You'll learn Dutch with time. Use your inheritance wisely though. You'll need about 3-6 months to find a job so make sure that you have a budget to live on and stick to it.. The IT sector is pretty good and there are always openings. Try some of the temp or outplacement firms. They may find you something short term. The BIGGEST problem will be for you to find a place to live while you seek work (do you have friends or relatives) and then to find a place to live after you get a job. So check this out most carefully please as it will be your biggest obstacle. Regards. Roland
Posted: 2005-08-25, 6:33 pm

Rainer
Alex, search the archives on this board. There have been previous posts on how to find work in Amsterdam, with links to web sites. It might help you.

Good luck

Posted: 2005-08-26, 9:08 am

alexis
Thanks a lot Roland and Rainy.I have a friend in Amsterdam who owns a Videostore.I will give him a call.I hope everything be fine.If finally i moved to Amsterdam you are all invited to my new home there.See you soon
Posted: 2005-08-26, 11:41 am

erika
Sou eyxomai me to kalo na kaneis oti epithymeis, na breis douleia kai spiti sto Amsterdam kai oti allo theleis... Sou to eyxomai me olh thn kardia mou giati kai ego ayto to oneiro eixa (kai exo..) alla dystyxos logo epaggelmatos klp den boro na kano oti thelo... Me to kalo na egkatastatheis sto Amsterdam file mou !!
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: