Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Whitney Houston, the Eagle has landed!
Posted: 2005-08-30, 1:09 pm

luther vandross
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Got in town about a day ago, took look around to see which way the winds blow...
Great weather in AD right now, sunny and a Carolina (ugh!) blue sky with a smattering of puffy white clouds. Probably won't see much of this in the coming year.

First coffeeshop visit, off the train from Schiphol, was to ...(drum roll please!)... the Greenhouse Effect. Nice little shop between the train station and the RLD. Hooked myself up with some Cannalope (sp?) Haze. On the FB scale about 2.5 out of 5, but since it was the first joint in AD in over 18 months, we will give it a 5 for sentimental reasons. I don't have the price right now, even though i was being diligent and wrote it down, but it's in a different pocket on a piece of clothing that is not on my person. Also bought some kiff there, good stuff (or should I say "gear") that hit a little harder than the C.Haze. We give it 4 out of a 5, although a smoker from the Eastern bloc only would give it a 2.5.
Alright, it's a premo day in Amsterdam, I've got a little cash in my pocket, so I have much better things to do than correspond with your dumb asses, so I'll cut this short. But in all seriousness, I wish all my Iggymat brethren and sisters a better day than I am having, which is pretty damn good! I'll be back with a report about Willie Wortel's in Haarlem (where I am temporarily encamped). It is a definite go for you AD veterans who may want to see something a little different. Laid back shop with good smoke. Well worth a visit.

Peace and love from Amsterdam!

Posted: 2005-08-30, 11:25 pm

fallen_buddha
if you are going to haarlem and to willies, ya gotta get the bubblegum hash. definitley top shelf for a rather reasonable price. also check out the lax at grey area.

peace -fb

Posted: 2005-08-31, 3:02 am

Earthly1hereSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Nice little review of your trip. I'm heading back in about a month!!!! Missing our favorite city quite a bit. Hoping to head to Alkmaar while there. Anyone have any suggestions or know of anything that has changed over the last two years?
Re: Whitney Houston, the Eagle has landed!
Posted: 2005-08-31, 9:04 am

withnail Power Kat
just for info i was at grey area friday afternoon and they have actually sold out of LAX. next batch is due in a couple of weeks.

doog!

withnail
Re: Whitney Houston, the Eagle has landed!
Posted: 2005-08-31, 1:26 pm

luther vandross
F.b. -

Thanks bunches. I'll try the bubble gum hash tonight. Love Willie's, cool little laid back shop with good gear and prices. I'll try to go by Grey this afternoon and see if the LAX is back in.

By the way, for those who used to buy smoke at Barney's and then went to next door to toke up, that is no longer allowed. They were busted by the police last week and since the cafe doesn't have a coffeeshop license, it is a no-no to even smoke there. Kind of weird, but still can't complain. The selection in town and environs is fantastic.

Well, back to the Amsterdam grind (smile big).

PS- Barney's coffeeshop is indeed open and doing big business. I especially liked the Nepali temple hash.

[ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: