Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Greeting from Adam - some comments now I'm here
Posted: 2005-08-30, 1:40 pm

William Smith
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Afternoon all

My penultimate day in Amsterdam, thought I'd share some notes and comments on what I've discovered

First - don't be nervous in the RLD. By that I mean don't get too drunk that you can't do anything when you get there and also don't spend 2 hours yomping around the alleys trying to get your nerve, by the time you do your feet will hurt and you'll be all tired and sweaty.

Secondly - always, always negotiate. Tell the lady exactly what you want. Do not allow her to invite you upstairs and start without negotiating what it was you wanted and how much you were willing to pay.

Believe me, the combination of these two meant I staggered from the RLD having spent 100 euros for a basic massage from a girl who was still fully clothed! After that I would also avoid the coloured girls in the windows around old kerk

However, yesterday I went to the RLD , strolled around once, saw what I wanted, negotiated a price and left a lot happier.

I recommend Park 118, it's not too far to walk, and it was a truly memorable couple of hours that I spent with Daisy, and there's a good chance I will return this afternoon, you get a lot more bang for your buck believe me.

Do try La vie en Proost. It's 5Euros to get in and 6.5 Euros for a bottle of beer - you think that's expensive - try ordering a Johnny Walker Black - 15 Euros!! However that dances at the bar are only 10 Euros each, and it's a good laugh, and fairly good natured fun.

I was considering trying some dope for the first time and I'd like to thank those who took their time offering advice when I asked for it a couple of months ago. However, I think there are more than enough doped up Brits causing a nusiance in Amsterdam at the moment, without me adding to it. I decided this after being forced to sit next to a inanely giggling idiot at a concert last night.

Okay, that's it from me. Thanks agin to all those who offer advice on the board. I can only hope that what little I've said helps others.

Before I go - remember there is much more in Amsterdam than just Hash and the RLD. The museums (what little of them is open) have been enlighting and sitting outside a nice quiet bar with a good book and a cold beer, watching those truly beautiful women riding past on their bikes will be the memory I take back with me

Bedankt to one and all

Posted: 2005-08-30, 10:40 pm

Nice post William. I will be returning to Amsterdam in a few weeks myself and although i have been a few times i'll keep some of your points in my mind. I went to La Vie en Proost the last time i was there and although the drink was expensive i thought it was a good way to spend an hour or so. Hope your trip was a memorable one, and heres me looking forward to mine.
Re: Greeting from Adam - some comments now I'm here
Posted: 2005-08-31, 11:25 am

tw25rw Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I reckon the girl who took your €100 for a clothed massage would have ripped you off regardless. I never negotiate and always just say I want half an hour and have never had anything like that.

[ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: