Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Pray 4 Mojoworks and Everyone Affected By Hurricane Katrina
Posted: 2005-09-01, 12:55 am

Gato De PadreSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hey Gang:

As some of you know one of our fellow board members (Mojoworks) is from the New Orleans area and has surely been directly affected by this Hurricane. I've tried to reach him by cell-phone but of course the network is shut down.

I'm sure he's alright and that he probably left the area the moment it became a mandatory evacuation but let's all keep him and everyone affected by the storm in our thoughts and prayers.

Gato De Padre

www.myspace.com/damercurial1ofthevs
Re: Pray 4 Mojoworks and Everyone Affected By Hurricane Katr
Posted: 2005-09-04, 1:53 am

fallen_buddha
I got an e-mail from mojo, and he is fine. He and his fiancee got out before the storm, and are staying at his finacee mothers house in Tn.

peace -fb

Posted: 2005-09-05, 7:51 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Glad to hear that. I'd encourage everyone to kick in a donation to the Red Cross if they can.
Posted: 2005-09-05, 8:55 pm

Gato De PadreSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Thanks FB that's great to hear that our brother Mojo is cool..

Also like neurosynth just said everyone please donate something to the relief efforts.

Gato De Padre

www.myspace.com/damercurial1ofthevs
Posted: 2005-10-28, 7:03 pm

mojoworksSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I've been checking the boards for the first time in a long time and I came across this thread. Thanks so much for the prayers. The Red Cross is an excellant organization if you want to make a donation.

I am back in New Orleans and back to work. This city is truly a disaster area. Whole neighborhoods will likely have to be leveled. There is debris from people emptying their houses everywhere. You can drive around and see how high the water got by the residue it left behind, like a giant bathtub ring.

I am living in a friends apartment while my fiance remains in Nashville. Our house was badly damaged by the flood and will need extensive repairs, or it might have to be torn down. We are tying to get a FEMA trailer on the property.

All of this has created a great deal of stress on our relationship and I can't honestly say whether we will stay together. If we do split I know at least I'll have the consolation of being able to go back to Amsterdam.

Thanks again to everyone and know that however things turn out, I will be just fine.

Peace,

Mojo
Posted: 2005-10-30, 10:52 am

TripSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Hi Mojo,

Nice to see you posting. Hard for me to believe just last May I had such a lovely week at Jazz Fest and now the city has been knocked to its knees. I have been visiting N.O. on a regular basis for 21 years and I love her dearly. I was heartbroken by what I saw on TV.

My community has thousands of former N.O. residents now living and working here so I know first hand what many folks are going through. I can see and feel their pain. Most are in various stages of post tramatic shock.

The one thing that I keep thinking about is how proud N.O residents are of their city. Lets face it many folks in New Orleans do not belong anywhere else. They can't invision living elsewhere. The spirit of N.O. is so immense that I believe the city will be rebuilt. It will indeed be a long hard recovery but it will happen. If they manage to get the jazzfest organized next year on some level then I will attend my 14th fest.

I had heard that the Maple Leaf was ok. Do you know the status of Tipitinas Uptown, the Howlin Wolf and Uptown in general ? Did St Charles loose alot of old Oak Trees ?

I wish you all the best in rebuilding your life and relationship.

Kind Regards,

Trip
Posted: 2005-10-31, 2:45 am

mojoworksSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Trip,

I'm pretty sure jazzfest will go off on schedule. Right now the city leaders are shooting for enough recovery to have a full on Mardi Gras in February. Many of the large hotels in the quarter are open already, housing recovery and construction personel.

The Maple leaf is indeed open now with a fairly large schedule of shows. The other large clubs should open soon. I saw today that Tipitina's will host new year's eve with Galactic. St Charles and the garden district really didn't flood too bad. The wind blew down some trees but oaks are tough, I'm sure they are ok. The oaks in my neighborhood did ok even aftre being under salt water for 3 weeks.

New Orleans will survive and hopefully be better than ever. Check out www.nola.com for more info.

peace,

mojo
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: