Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 1 post ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
live music afternoon
Posted: 2005-09-08, 7:01 pm

withnail Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
hello to all

well i just left the concerto record store on utrechtsestraat. had happened to be in the neighbourhood about 4.45 this afternoon when i noticed a small crowd gathering outside the place. further investigation revealed that the american band Nada Surf were showcasing their new album live in the store. some of you may remember their great tune 'popular' a few years ago. so in i strolled to be entertained for the next hour by a band i had last see live in london at a place called the garage in north london some 5 years or so previous. this time totally free and very intimate (with lots of dutch girlies in attendance, squeezed inside). the band played 10 songs i think before i sauntered off as they took a break. a five minute trip down to the stix coffee shop left me high and dry when i returned as i could barely fit back into the main part of the place. decided to cut my losses and go and smoke a joint instead though i believe they were going to return and play some more after 6. a thoroughly enjoyable bit of free entertainment as there seems to be almost everyday somewhere in this city. an unexpected treat. as for the new songs - well, i wasnt wild about them but then as i recall the last album of theirs i bought went a bit iffy after the first few tunes. good of them to do a free show anyway!

ok, off to finish this joint. a beautiful day again today in amsterdam - stinking hot! enough gorgeous nederlandse girls on the streets for every ignatzi to find his dream girl. yummy :-)

withnail
 [ 1 post ] 

Jump to: