Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 6 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Apartments Help
Posted: 2005-09-13, 3:48 pm

MrB
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone has stayed at these apartments - http://www.amsterdam-accommodation.nl/dam.htm

We normally stay at the Gerstekorrel on Damstratt - purely for location and it's clean etc...

Should be back there for another week 10th October (3rd this year)

First stop being Doors bar for some White Widow, tried the Xmas Chystal (someone mentioned in a post while ago) but not impressed. I did find the White Widow increased the sex drive, which is handy after a couple of days there.

Any recommendations are more than welcome.

Cheers

Mr B
Re: Apartments Help
Posted: 2005-09-15, 10:13 pm

axxxtw Founder
just had a chance to check that URL. they look nice, and they're certainly centrally located, and the amenities of having an apartment whilst travelling can't be beat, but you are paying hotel room rates. if price is an issue, and you don't mind being so central, and have a desire to live less like a tourist and experience a bit more of Amsterdam than Dam Sq/ Warmoestraat/ etc., we can recommend that you check out www.citymundo.com ---a large variety of very nice apartments are available all over town, and prices are generally 1/2 of what you're looking at here. its a preferred option if you're staying for more than a couple of days, and infinately preferable to what you could expect at hotels in the range of 95-

keep in mind that getting around this compact town is quite simple, easy and fast, and you're never more than a pleasant 15-20 mins walk from the centrum---faster if you use the trams----and lots faster if you bicycle.

Last edited by axxxtw on 2005-09-16, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Posted: 2005-09-15, 10:58 pm

PARAQUAT
Hello MR.B,

I can't agree more about City mundo. I have used them now for three years and it is the best deal in town. The peace you get and the quiet for sleeping. And don't forget the kitch, that in itself saves you tons of cash. It kind of makes you feel like you live in AMS even if only for a week or two.

Enjoy,
Paraquat
Posted: 2005-09-16, 4:35 am

freakpa
I don't know about citymundo - anywhere that charges extra for extra people sounds shady - and if the price on their site is "per person based on double occupancy" that is a total dirtbag move... To try and trick you into thinking you could get a room there for half the price that they plan to charge you.

You could stay in a hotel in the middle of the action for around these prices. And not worry about being tricked by fine print.
Posted: 2005-09-16, 5:53 am

PARAQUAT
Freakpa,

I pay 100 euros a night for a place that sleeps 5 through citymundo. Not a thing shady about it. Maybe you just didn't read the site correctly they make it all pretty clear. My apartment is always clean, I deal directly with the owners and I am spitting distance from Dam square. You could get yourself a tiny room in a noisy hotel for 60 euro but when you add in all the extras that come with an apartment financially you almost break even and as far as comfort goes. I have a deck with a view a great kitchen, dinning room, cable tv and two bedrooms on seperate floors. Not to mention the hardwood floors, beamed ceilings and big windows that open over the city. For me it's a no brainer but to each his own.

Peace,
Paraquat
Posted: 2005-09-17, 9:17 pm

MrB
Many thanks for the info.

I'm just trawling through citymundo now to see whats about.

I shall let you know
 [ 6 posts ] 

Jump to: