Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 11 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Dentist in Amsterdam ?
Posted: 2005-09-18, 3:27 am

PARAQUAT
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
This one is for the locals.

I am arriving on tuesday and I have a tooth thats border line on going bad. I saw my dentist but he isn't ready to do a root canal. So if this thing decides to abscess on holiday it would be great to have a contact for a dentist.

I don't think it will be a problem but if you've ever had a tooth abscess it can be pretty painful and can come on fast.

Thanks for any help,
Paraquat
Re: Dentist in Amsterdam ?
Posted: 2005-09-18, 10:40 am

STPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I have indeed had a tooth absess a couple of years ago, and it was very painful. I had to seek comfort in pain-killers. But if you are in Amsterdam there is no shortage of pain-killers. Let me quote a wise and noble poster below (under the "keef" thread) who kindly posted his recipie for the ultimate pain-killer:

"Take your favorite papers take some bubble hash melt it and spread it on the paper add your favorite buds and sprinkle with an ample amount of trichomes. Roll and spark, then find a comfy spot to melt away I call it a TRIPLE THREAT."

I daresay after a few hits of this high-powered cocktail you would not be worried too much about the pain from your tooth!

However, one sure way to find a dentist at short-notice in Amsterdam would be to ask your hotel reception. If it is a decent hotel they no doubt have a doctor and dentist contact in the nearby neighbourhood, and have probably had to deal with guests' dental emergencies in the past...

ST
Posted: 2005-09-18, 12:51 pm

tw25rw Power Kat
Anf there's plenty of bike mechanics if you need a pair of pliers.

Posted: 2005-09-18, 5:46 pm

PARAQUAT
Hey ST,

Yes the triple threat is great medicine but not anything close to a pain killer. Are you going to join some of the rest of us for a triple threat on the monday?

Peace,
Paraquat
Posted: 2005-09-18, 7:14 pm

STPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Thanks, Paraquat!

I actually have two small chunks of bubble hash in my stash box, along with a small amount of Grey Mist Crystals and several assorted buds of good weed. But after reflecting on the matter, I think I prefer to smoke each of these wares separately, rather than combining them. I always found the bubble hash and the Keef could stand on their own; wouldn't like to pollute the suberb high each gives... But of course I respect your right to mix them, if you wish. To each their own.

ST
Posted: 2005-09-18, 7:34 pm

PARAQUAT
St,

I agree with you on so many levels. I truly like to think of my relationship with buds similar to my fathers love of fine wine. If I had three magnificant bottles of wine the last thing I would think of doing would be to poor them all into a big beer stien and chug away.

Then there is the part of me that still loves some hard core puffing more like a keger in college, the more beer of any kind the better. Most of my trip will be spent relaxing, sampling the wears and keeping copious notes on the subject but on occasion I am sure I will over endulge myself.

A friend of mine and I created the Triple Threat back in 84' when we were on a three month trip through europe. We brought the buds and keef with us and use to purchase the hash from some guy's behind the Louvre. Our efforts then were to try and create the stoniest reefer we cou;d think of, the birth of the Triple Threat.

As long as you enjoy yourself that's all that matters, good luck in all your ventures.

Peace,
Paraquat
Posted: 2005-09-18, 8:46 pm

WoofieeSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Just in case you want a known fallback, so if worse comes to worse, consider Den2 in Hilversum.

They're just on the edge of the small center of Hilversum, which is 30 minutes by rail from Centraal Station. I don't have anyone in Amsterdam, but I travel to these folks because they're good, modern and do everything in English. The best part - if you have an emergency, they'll generally bring you right in - none of this "See you next Tuesday"-crap.

Den-2
Emmastraat 58
1213 AL Hilversum
Tel: 035-6295987
Email: info@den2.nl
Web: http://www.den2.nl/en/

The bad part: they don't take insurance - that you do with your own insurance co, but that's likely the case when traveling abroad anyway.

Yeah - it's not Amsterdam, but Hilversum is a short hop...takes nearly as long to go there by train as it does to walk from CS to the Leidseplein...but if you need someplace reliable, go here. If you need directions from the station, just ask (best here).
Posted: 2005-09-18, 9:04 pm

STPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Paraq---

Hey, btw: Isn't paraquat that shit they used to spray on good mexican weed. It was supposed to to do real damage to your brain and bodily organs, no? Fuck man, what a name!

We all used to experiment with mixing various strains here and there as kind of middle-school of our smoking careers. But once you really get experienced, you will probably develop a taste for trying individual good smokes on their own. Your wine analogy is perfect. It shows you already have this attitude.

I look forward to reading your future reports and critiques of various smokes and coffeeshops. Have you followed the recent annual/bi-annual reports of paniked? If not, you should look them up in the archives. If I was going to go on a survey of Amsterdam coffeeshops and then write about them, I personaly would use paniked research as primer. It is often useful for we casual readers to read different posters' opinions of the same weeds and hashes. So if you could manage some overlap with paniked (and additional posters who have delivered recent, coprehensive reports are: uberchef and fallen budda), it would be most useful.

Funny how we kind of got away from the Dentist question, isn't it? Hope your tooth holds up...Hey, did you know many abscesses are stress-related. Go smoke, man. It will relieve stress!

ST
Posted: 2005-09-18, 10:37 pm

StarrDluX
shouldn't you be taking antibiotics before you do the root canal? honestly once you get those started it should take care of the impending infection. i would also keep some vicodin on hand... although honestly advil helps more than that stuff. PS. if vicodin upsets your tummy either get the brand name script or try vicoprofin (not cut w/ tylenol).
Posted: 2005-09-18, 10:50 pm

PARAQUAT
St,

We are now way off topic, kinda fun though.

Yes you are dead on about Paraquat, you are either showing your age or your eduction. I was wondering when someone would make mention.I chose the name as a sarcastic approach to my favorite subject but also as a reminder of how twisted the American war on drugs has been.

I don't know if I agree totally with your comment about it being part of middle school smoking. I don't think anyone can get much more old school than myself and I still love to mix certain buds for their combining qualities on occasion. Last night I took half Romulan and half Hash Plant for a nice mix of two completely different types of bud One an Indica and the other a strong Sativa, the combo is very flavorful and takes away a bit of the narcotic buzz that the Hash plant has on its own but also wasn't too uplifting for a bed time smoke.

I think in large part the cross breeding of so many plants that has become popular in the last 3 decades supports my point of view.

I have read Paniked's posts, very informative and fun. I will try to live up to his level of useful knowledge on my soon to be bud reports.

Such a happy plant for all of us to enjoy. And I would love to hook up and split your favorite flavor.

Peace,
Paraquat

Last edited by PARAQUAT on 2005-09-18, 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Posted: 2005-09-18, 10:59 pm

PARAQUAT
Woofie and Starrdlux,

Thanks for the lead I appreciate the help and will write down your contact. Also thanks to Starrdlux, I actually don't know what is wrong with the tooth. They x-rayed and don't see anything. Like ST said could be from stress, the dentist thinks it might just be an agravated nerve from teeth grinding, very stressful past six months. So he ground down my tooth so they match up better and hopes that will take care of it.

To much info about my teeth for this site but I think 2 weeks in AMS just might be what the doctor ordered. Thanks again for all your help.

Paraquat
 [ 11 posts ] 

Jump to: