Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 13 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Easyjet glasgow to amsterdam
Posted: 2005-09-19, 9:32 pm

stuarty1873Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Heard this route is being cancelled after october, Any fellow weegies shed any light on this. Shurley it cant be anytime ive been on these flights there nearly always full. A bit of a pisser if its true all the same.
Re: Easyjet glasgow to amsterdam
Posted: 2005-09-19, 11:35 pm

Had heard a rumour a little while back but not sure how much truth is in it. Heres hoping it aint true.
Posted: 2005-09-20, 7:56 pm

veloria
It's True, only direct flights are KLM, there used to be some reasonable deals, now there is no competition, who knows. If you don't mind the hassle, it's still cheap via Luton, obviously adds time and the problem of maybe missing a connection.
Where there is a will there is a way.
Posted: 2005-09-20, 8:08 pm

Supporting Member
Aye flew via Luton before not mutch hassle it has to be said. Still a pain in the arse though. Went on the ferry a few times as well pre Easyjet, Newcastle to Amsterdam great fun . As you say where theres a will theres a way
Posted: 2005-09-20, 8:14 pm

gezellig
KLM's not too bad. They just offered me £70 flights from Heathrow and my tickets from my hometown are still less than a ton and not at silly times either. Just get yourself on their e-mailng list and you get their offers all the time.

Rgds
G~
Posted: 2005-09-20, 8:25 pm

Supporting Member
Klm is prob the best option to be honest, my mate went with klm last xmas and said it was a much better set up than sleasyjet ie no cattle style boarding and no 12 pm return flight to glasgow (the only flight), which means no staggering out of bed at 9am still pissed and stoned from 3 days debauchery and having to drag your sorry sweaty arse to Schipol. Which makes me wonder what the fuck am i moaning about?. Klm it is fuck easyjet.
Posted: 2005-09-21, 1:29 pm

santaclauseSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Also look at Jet2.com from Leeds-Bradford or Manchester. I've had some real cheap flights with them.

Posted: 2005-09-21, 9:53 pm

Still it is a pain in the arse. Anyone know why easyjet has done this? It means that from Scotland, KLM have no competition which means you will have to book up really early for a flight or else pay well over the odds.
Posted: 2005-09-22, 4:43 pm

spacecake
There is talk of Globespan taking on this route probably not until next year but they add on a lot of extra charges so they will never be as cheap as Easyjet.
Pity really as someone already said, the easy flights have always been packed any time I've flown with them.
Posted: 2005-09-22, 6:33 pm

copper
it is going to be a complete pain if easyjet do close this route but air-scotland run from glasgow to amsterdam twice a week i think & their prices are roughly the same as easyjet but i think KLM will be the best option.
Posted: 2005-09-22, 7:26 pm

copper
I'v just had a look at air Scotlands website & they dont appear to go to Amsterdam anymore so it looks like KLM will be the only option for a direct flight to Amsterdam from glasgow after the 29th of October.
Posted: 2005-09-22, 8:56 pm

madeyes
all is not lost, Easyjet are still flying from Embra to Schiphol

Posted: 2005-09-22, 9:31 pm

Boaby
Easy jet are flying from Embra so all you have to worry about is getting from Scotland's largest city, you know, the bit with all the people, the bit that NEEDS proper air sevices to the rest of Europe, down the M8 (the worlds longest, thinest car park) for a 08:25 check-in.
Why are they doing this, well it's cos GLA is having it's subsidies and political support eroded by the Parly so that Embra airport becomes No1. Airlines like easyjet can only survive on the wee breaks any one airport will give them and GLA is now being squeeezed. So fellow West coasters we now will have to travel to a one runway shitehouse on the outskirts of THAT east coast pretentious hole to get our cheepie flight to AMS. All because our politicos don't want to travel with us plebs when they fly off on another "fact finding mission" using our fucking money.
 [ 13 posts ] 

Jump to: