Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Dumb question... A'dam & Christmas
Posted: 2005-09-20, 7:10 pm

StarrDluX
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I assume Christmas exsits over in Amsterdam... Will places have Christmas decorations up after the 25th like they do stateside?

God I feel dumb already. :)

Thanks for humoring me... ~ Starr
Re: Dumb question... A'dam & Christmas
Posted: 2005-09-20, 8:17 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2005-09-20, 9:13 pm

Earthly1hereSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Was there 2 years ago during xmas. Awesome time to be there. Dam Square has a huge ice skating ring right in the middle next to a huge (@ least 25 ft. high) Santa. Vendors surround the ice skating with all kinds of treats for people every age. The city was very upbeat and filled with good spirits. Of the 10 or so times I've been to A'dam, that was probably the best. Shrooming was so intense as the lights had us hanging out in Dam Square for @ least 2.5 hours. What a blast. Fresh waffles dipped in all kinds of goodies, my favorite being very warm chocolate, the wife had warm fruit on hers, yummy yum yummy. If anyone has the chance to go over the holidays, its a must!!!!!!
Posted: 2005-09-21, 3:34 am

TripSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Not only do they celebrate Christmas, they extend the holiday the following day with Boxing Day, Dec 26th, which is also a national holiday.

Many businesses have reduced hours and some are closed all day on Dec 26th .

Before someone asks again- YES you will find plenty of coffeeshops open on Dec 25 and Dec 26th. YES you will find plenty of coffeeshops open on Dec 31st and Jan 1st. Some shops have reduced hours on some of these days, some are open regular hours i.e. keeping their normal schedule.

Wish I could have been out in Alkmaar to see the Christmas trees floating in the canals.
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: