Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 10 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Hotel Armada and Casa Rosso
Posted: 2005-09-23, 5:47 pm

Luce21
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hello
This is my first post on here and my fiance and I are off to AMS on 2nd Oct for two lovely weeks.
I was hoping someone may have stayed in the Hotel Armada on Keizerstraacht before and could give us a review. We know it's only a 2 star hotel and we're not expecting much more than a bed and bathroom but it would be nice to hear from someone who has stayed there before.
This is our second trip to AMS, we got engaged there in June of 2003 and spent 6 days wandering the streets and finding all sorts of places with a lot of character. Most of these however were coffeeshops and we didn't really get past the toking, despite being regular tokers back here in England. The novelty of being able to sit and relax in a light and airy room in the middle of the day with some quality weed never wore for the whole trip.

However we are spending more time in the area and we want to see some sort of sex show. Having read lots of other peoples posts a good place for couples is either the Casa Rosso or the Banana bar. What I would like to know which is the best value and also the best night to visit one of these?
I know this has come up time and time again but its always nice to read some fresh comments.
Be lovely if you could help
Lucy
Re: Hotel Armada and Casa Rosso
Posted: 2005-09-24, 1:05 am

tw25rw Power Kat
The Casa Rosso and Banana bar ar both touristy and pretty crap. You can see both in one night and the show is pretty much the same shit every night.

Posted: 2005-09-24, 1:26 am

MikeDeHavillandSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Moulin rouge is cheaper and reasonable (to see once)

La Vie En Rose is (as a lap dancing bar) woman freindly and better as aspectacle. And cheaper
Posted: 2005-09-24, 1:49 am

420 Power Kat
If you have never been to Casa Rosso or for that matter,, a live sex show, its still something to watch. If you have been to live sex showw then its all the same.

Don't bother with the drinks "included" deal which will cost you some extra Euros,, by the time you get them you'll be ready to leave. There are usually about 4-5 different acts and when the last one is over most of the people up front take off so if you want to really experience the show just move up front as soon as they leave.. Just beware,, you may get wet! Watch out for the Gorilla!

I would pass on the Banana Bar,, qutie a lame experience!

Posted: 2005-09-24, 3:36 am

StarrDluX
the Banana Bar was kinda funny though... we went on our first trip to AMS and won't be going back BUT it was definately a trip! We were fairly bombed when we went in... for some reason bringing in a garbage bag (we couldn't get the carnival people to understand "small" in our stoned speak) size bag of cotton candy seemed totally reasonable so we must have been a little off our heads!

anyway - stay away from the drunk germans at the banana bar - they'll get you covered in a squirting dildo as they did me!!

have fun!
Posted: 2005-09-24, 12:02 pm

withnail Power Kat
have stayed at the armada three or four times. good value, nice rooms if a little small, great location. thoroughly recommended, though to be fair i last stayed there maybe 3 years or so back. ask for a canal view.

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2005-09-27, 12:52 am

Anglofil
WARNING: Stayed at Armada Hotel last Tuesday, and it was really really BAD!
Firstly, I was met by an unfriendly sneering woman when i checked in at noon.
Then, at 9 pm, when I got back from some RLD 'excursions' I realised that my room was chilly cold (yes it was cold, despite the sunny weather!) probably because the house is made of solid stone and my room was facing the inner garden, and the radiators had no hotwater supply.
So I walked down to the reception and addressed my concerns, very politely. There was now a guy on duty, who was first very ignorant, then finally promised to phone someone to have it fixed "within 1 hour". Righto, so I went to a nearby pub meanwhile to cheer myself up. And to get warm.
Alas, when I got back at 11 pm. I was met by yet another guy in the reception, who hadn't been informed about the whole thing, but said the room should be okey to stay in anyway...
I took the key and went up to the room - to realise it was even colder now.
So I went down and complained to him. See, he was a man with no interest whatsoever to have satisfied customers. Instead he told me it is still summer and that i should take one or two extra blankets from the cupboard, and that I should not be a sissy. (!?)
I spoke to an English couple who also stayed at Armada and they had warm radiators and a plesantly warm room, so there was hot water in the system.
Okey Armada is only a 2-star hotel, but the reason you pay 63 euro, instead of 25 for a hostel bed or 40 for a crappy hotel is that you want to have a reasonably plesant room, right?
Given I have a back injury, which gives me serious pain if I sleep in a bed which is cold from within/underneath, the night was true hell ! Extra blankets certainly didn't help so I filled up a 1,5 l. pet-bottle with hot water from the bathtub, and had it with me in bed.
The reception crew reminded me of Basil in Fawlty Towers, when he completely ignores the guests and their well being.
So, friends, do us all a favour and stay out of this 'hotel' !
Carl
PS. Moved to Di Ann's hotel the day after -which was superb! Clean, friendly, modern, etc.
Posted: 2005-09-27, 2:57 am

burgerbhoySupporting Member
Supporting Member
hi i was never at the casa rosso but you can
get a great deal between them and the banabar, i would give it a go!!!!
Posted: 2005-09-27, 5:37 am

Cuckoo4wahoo
Ive stayed at the Armada several times... and Ive always had a good experience there....
I plan to stay there again when I visit in December...

The hotel is within a stones throw of Rembrantsplein.... bunch of restaurants very close by...
I think there is a smoke shop about a block away too...
you can catch the #4 tram right there too if I remember correctly.. (Its been about 5 years)...
Its a pretty good location if you want to get away from the crowds, yet maintain a close enough proximity to the main areas....
Posted: 2005-09-28, 10:29 pm

Jon500
If you want to go to Cassa Rosso - pick up a copy of Boomchigago magazine (lying around free everywhere in ams) show it at the door and you'll get a free drink for you and your partner. Its about 30e to get in. Cheaper and more intimate (lol) is the Moulin Rouge -further up from Casa on the other side of canal. Negotiate with the guy on the door and its 25e each and two free drinks each (shorts or whatever). Continous fuck show lasts about 1 hour ish.

Why go to these places?? Simple - to see a live fucking show! Went to La vie en rose for only 5e admission - drinks 6e each and no fucking on display. Just loads of horny naked girls dancing on the bar for paying guys! All good fun - do the lot for about 40e each. Bargain. Its all good - hell -you dont see many fuck shows where I live for 20 quid and free booze - Ho hum just off to the Rose & Crown'.
 [ 10 posts ] 

Jump to: