Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Hotel.......Krasnapolsky or Jolly Carlton??
Posted: 2005-10-04, 6:22 pm

samsung
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I was wondering which hotel is the nicer of the 2, and has anyone stayed at them both to compare against one another. I am planning to upgrade to the deluxe room, so even better if anyone has styed in either of these rooms at either hotel.

Any info is appreciated as I normally stay at the Golden Tulip but fancy a change this time and something a bit more luxurious.

Any other suggestions are also appreciated.

cheers
Re: Hotel.......Krasnapolsky or Jolly Carlton??
Posted: 2005-10-04, 7:38 pm

StarrDluX
i like the Dylan the best (formerly Blake's).

it is the best hotel in Amsterdam period. VERY pricey. I've stayed twice and would do it again on NYE if not for wanting to be closer to Dam Square.

the Kras was nice enough... kinda plain but good price for decent enough accommodations.

Posted: 2005-10-04, 9:02 pm

banana61Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I have not stayed in either of these hotels but I am familiar with both chains which would lead me to choose the Krasnopolsky every time. - B61
Posted: 2005-10-04, 11:21 pm

BoneJockeyPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I stayed at the Jolly last April, and was disappointed. Not my definition of a 4 star hotel. The room (supposedly a superior single) was small with the most uncomfortable chairs I've ever sat in, hot (The AC/heat is centrally controlled and I could only get heat at that time of year), and noisy (It was located above a passageway that created an echo, and led into the bustling Regulierdwaarstraat). On the plus side, the bathroom was nice with a full bath and shower, and the breakfast buffet was very good and not unreasonable at 12 euro. Overall, I wouldn't stay there again.
Posted: 2005-10-05, 2:42 pm

Earthly1hereSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I've stayed in just about all of the 5 star hotels in A'dam and the Kras is the BEST. Won't stay anywhere else....
Posted: 2005-10-06, 11:50 am

samsung
cool.... thanks for the info folks. Think I'm going to go for the Kras and try out a junior suite.
Posted: 2005-10-06, 2:46 pm

Earthly1hereSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Try to get room 4026, has a dam view. If you can get your hand behind the right side of the bed on the floor, there will be a nice treat waiting for you. The Kras is one of my atf hotels. The breakfast buffet in the winter garden is awesome as well.
Posted: 2005-10-06, 8:41 pm

ignatbandit
i have stayed at jolly carlton, its nice but i'm surprised its a 4*. looking at the lobby and corporate facilities i guess it is a 4*, but judging by the room quality, it is a 3* in my opinion. you would be better of staying at the rho - better location and cheaper and similar standard.
Posted: 2005-10-08, 3:16 am

mentaloriental
ive only stayed at the Krasnapolsky...ahhh home...you cant beat the location! right at dam square, canals, the RLD and withi very short distance of some nice coffeeshops...our room wasnt as noisy as some others has said one night we had the window open and i heard some music from a club probably but it wasnt even loud. it wasnt exactly super luxury... but it was super clean and was home for a few days for my friend and I.

probably going back early next year =D

-tommy
 [ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: