Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 11 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Tripping by train....
Posted: 2005-10-06, 6:15 pm

COOTERSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Is there anybody out there that could tell me how much train fare from Amsterdam to say ...Mainz, Germany would be? Would love to see the castles on the Rhine. Trying to set up my first solo trip. I've killed alot of brain cells, but I believe I read. " I can take natures finest smoke with me also." True? Any info would help.....Thanks Cooter

Posted: 2005-10-06, 6:19 pm

StarrDluX
Why would you think that because you are on a train you could take pot into a country where it is illegal?

Posted: 2005-10-06, 6:57 pm

COOTERSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Gee ...... Let me think?? .......... Isn't it illegal in the Netherlands too?........ I'm not talking smoking a fatty on the train. I'm talking a small amount to smoke discreetly, in a secluded place. I understood that in some neighboring countries such as Belgium, it is a minor offence if under say...3.5 grams. That's why I'm asking!....Cooter

Posted: 2005-10-06, 8:30 pm

StarrDluX
i dunno... illegal is still illegal.

clearly it is different in Amsterdam than say London.

we carried some on the train from Amsterdam to Brussels in February with no problem.

Posted: 2005-10-07, 4:12 pm

Rainer
according to raileurope.com it is US$147

Posted: 2005-10-07, 4:24 pm

420 Power Kat
Depending on when you go, the lowest fare you will get is thru http://www.bahn.de . They have a special running thru mid December (internet only) that allows you to purchase tickets online for as low as 39E one way from Amsterdam to destinations in Germany. Intra-German travel is only 29E. This special is for trains in and out of Germany and you must register on-line to be able to purchase and must have a three day advance.

As for taking smoke with you,, the ICE is definitely safer than the Regional Express trains but you must be careful. They do have dogs on some trains,, mainly the Express. I generally take hash since it is much easier to hide,,less odor, and has a nice travel buzz. Do not keep it in your pockets or crotch,, thats the first area the dogs head for. Granted,, if you've been hanging out in Coffeshops in Amsterdam and hop on a train your still going to smell like weed which is not a major problem but it can be if you look like your a stoner ,,, thats the first thing they look for. "Caveat Punter"

Posted: 2005-10-07, 4:39 pm

COOTERSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Thanks to all three of you. Does anyone know if this little side trip, could be done in 2 days or would that be to rushed? Like leaving Monday morning and back Tuesday night. It would be my first time in Germany....many thanks...Cooter

Posted: 2005-10-07, 5:02 pm

420 Power Kat
Way too rushed. The trip to Southern Germany will take at least 6 hours each way via train. Heidelberg is a good option but still a lenghty ride. Fly into Frankfurt as an option,, take a couple of days in Southern Germany and then head up to Amsterdam for your return

.. Just my .02 Euro's

Posted: 2005-10-07, 5:36 pm

StarrDluX
brussels was nice... we did that from amsterdam on morning train > overnight > 2 full days > morning train back to amsterdam...

hotel amigo is da bomb in brussels.

Posted: 2005-10-07, 8:09 pm

MikeDeHavillandSupporting Member
Supporting Member
A lot of posts have been made on this subject and the Germans seem to be very "sniffy" about this subject. Many posters have relayed hair raising experiences with getting the "once over" if you see what I mean.

If the idea of the weed is to relax, then taking it out of the Netherlands seems counter productive.

Just my advice though.... let us know in your next post if you get any "amuzing" experiences, deportations, rubber glove experiences etc!

Mike
Re: Don't do the Weed cooter
Posted: 2005-10-07, 10:14 pm

COOTERSupporting Member
Supporting Member
WHAT!!!!...................Rubber glove experiences!!!!! The last thing I want is any trouble or any of THOSE experiences. It now sounds like a very bad idea. Maybe I'll just rethink this whole thing. See how you guys are! LOL Now, I keep thinking about this movie I saw as a teen. Was it the " Midnight Express" ?...But thank you sincerely for the info everyone..........Cooter

[ 11 posts ] 

Jump to: