Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 24 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: Best places to eat in Amsterdam???
Posted: 2005-10-19, 11:06 pm

conman
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I'll secong the recommendation for Koh-i-noor near Radhuisstraat,actual address is Westermarkt 29 . I've eaten there probably 30 times, I usually get the muligatwany soup,naan and Tandori Mixed Grill, eat some, take the rest for a second meal. Gotta try it .

http://www.koh-i-noor-restaurant.nl/
Posted: 2005-10-20, 10:48 pm

curiious
lots of great places all over the city and it's easy to walk around. A great breakfast to be had at a bakery on the singel canal right across the alley from dutch flowers (opens early 8am or so... Loved having a sausagebroodje or a sweet delicious slice of raspberry tart/cake with a big scoop of fresh whipped cream on it and a cappuchino for breakfast.) Dutch flowers is a nice coffeeshop but doesn't open as early as the bakery. My favorite place to eat lunch or dinner in amsterdam (and sooooo cheap, it's a real deal.) is only 5 or 6 blocks away, a soup only place called enzo, a few blocks from the albert hejn near leidseplein, (sorry can't find the map and don't remember the street name.) Just ask around when you're in the neighborhood, people are bound to point you in the right direction. It's around 3 Euro for a small soup with bread roll, 4 for the med, 5 for the large (huge. Enough for 2) It's pretty central, and they usually have 5 or 6 different soups available, (vegan, vegetarian & meat or seafood soups) and they change the types of soup every day or two) so I must have tried 50 different types of soups there (at least!) it was fantastic, a soup recipe book could be written just by being a customer there for a while. Such variety! everything from vegan colombian soups to brandy-sweetpotato-lobster-bisque... well, everything was great... found myself loving so many vegan or vegetarian soups, quite surprised by that, but every time I went I would ask to taste 3 or 4 or the soups available before deciding on one, the soup comes with a roll or 2 of bread, there is nowhere to sit (tiny place, take-out only) but I liked to just take it a block or so south to one of the canals and eat sitting at a bench there.
Posted: 2005-10-21, 7:05 am

Oldster
The soup place you write of must be the shop at the corner of Kerkstraat and Nieuwe Spiegelstraat. I've never ventured in but will make a point of doing so in early December.
Enjoy, Oldster
Posted: 2005-10-26, 2:38 am

curiious
that's it, Kerkstraat! Danke for the patience ; )

Sorry I gave those "meandering directions" to my favorite soup place without looking at a map!

Instead I gave those 'dutch directions' where I forget the streetnames, saying just go down this road here (points south from Albert Hijn & Flowermarket) and go over 2 canals and then left on kerkstraat, it's the street with a laundromat half a block down on the right and a gay cinema across the street from the laundromat, then go another half a block down kerkstraat to the soup place on the right hand corner.
 [ 24 posts ]  Previous  1, 2

Jump to: